T-5 lights?

humblefishie

i have been lookin in on the t-5 lighting system and wanted to know if u could use that with a closed lid tank?
i have found a 48' setup for 110$ and was told its great for any kind of tank system im wanting.
could use any feed back tyia

robertmathern

Originally Posted by humblefishie
http:///forum/post/2925981
i have been lookin in on the t-5 lighting system and wanted to know if u could use that with a closed lid tank?
i have found a 48' setup for 110$ and was told its great for any kind of tank system im wanting.
could use any feed back tyia

Depends on what you mean by closed lid. If you are talking canopy you can get a retro fit for it. If you are talking just a standerd lid not really. You can get a t-5 for it but your wasting your money. A good set up is retro fit or a fixture. You can close off the top of the tank so fish and stuff dont get out. But if your talking just a lid that comes on most fish tanks your answer is nope not really.

ophiura

I would post specs on the 48" setup - IMO very few quality fixtures would cost so little. Before you spend 110$ on trash, it is worth asking. Maybe it is just used, but best to be sure you are not being taken for a ride.