T.O. in dallas?

zsalinas

I know there's a lot of mixed feelings about T.O. Personally I love to watch him play he's an amazing performer. How does everybody feel about him going to the cowboys?

thirty6

i think it will be interesting. T.O. got aton of bad press last year, deserved it, but he is not alone in the world of overpaid babies playing pro sports and deserves another go around with a new squad. he didnt ----/beat/steal/or abuse drugs so hes better than some of other athletes playing.....

zsalinas

He does do a lot of talkin, but he can back it up. I think if he keeps his mouth shut and just plays the game they will have a really good team this year. They also pick up Adam Viniterri (sp?) from the patriots. I'm not a fan of dallas but think they'll have a good team.

ruaround

TO makes an impact on and off the field... if he keeps his antics to a minimum and actually joins the TEAM Dallas should have a great team this year... He is a spectacular player and is very talented... but he also has a huge mouth, is very opinionated and is very very selfish... one of my favorite TO quotes is "I love me some me"...

jmick

TO is an outstanding football player and will likely make an immediate impact. He also has some glaring personality/mental deficiencies. Life will be great in Dallas until TO doesn’t get the ball as much as he’d like then he will start to throw his teammates under the bus and degrade them whenever he can. TO is an example of the best and worst pro sports has to offer.

turningtim

How much do you all think that its really a win-win for Jerry Jones. If To plays well and they start winning everybodies happy...... If TO goes off the deep end then the Cowboys are still in the spotlight right where Jones wants them.
I think TO and Parcells are NOT going to get along. With TO there Parcells is gone after this season!
Good bye TO
Turning "Eagles FAN" Tim

sufunk

As a diehard cowboy fan, I want to PUKE :mad:
We cut great team players like coakley and glover because they didnt fit our "system"
Not to mention Parcells cutting the greatest cowboy and NFL player for that matter who ever lived, Emmitt, but we sign this piece of garbage?!?!?!
No true Cowboy fan can be happy about this. If T.O. cant like Jeff garcia or Mcnabb in his prime, do you really think hell be satisfied with Drew Bledsoe?!!?!?!?!?!
The 1st time Bledsoe checks down to Witten when T.O. is wide open in his mind hell start the same crap he did in S.F. and Philly.
Money would have been much better spent getting Culpepper and Vinatieri rather than the worst cancer in the NFL.
No true Cowboy fan would ever disgrace himself by buying or wearing T.O.'s jersey!!!!!!

kreckner

TO to Dallas. Interesting that they would cut Keyshaun for TO. I agree 100% that Owens is one of the top recievers in the NFL(Behind Harrison, Fitzgerald, and maybe Randy Moss) but if the Cowboys finish out of the playoffs this coming season you know his explanation will be that Bledsoe didn't give HIM the ball enough. Or Parcells didn't make HIM a big enough part of the offensive gameplan, and so on, and so on. I'm on Minnesota so I saw what great, outspoken reciever did to my home team. Now we don't have Culpepper either. It should be an interesting season all around next year. I love football anyway!!

darth tang

Originally Posted by sufunk
As a diehard cowboy fan, I want to PUKE :mad:
We cut great team players like coakley and glover because they didnt fit our "system"
Not to mention Parcells cutting the greatest cowboy and NFL player for that matter who ever lived, Emmitt, but we sign this piece of garbage?!?!?!
No true Cowboy fan can be happy about this. If T.O. cant like Jeff garcia or Mcnabb in his prime, do you really think hell be satisfied with Drew Bledsoe?!!?!?!?!?!
The 1st time Bledsoe checks down to Witten when T.O. is wide open in his mind hell start the same crap he did in S.F. and Philly.
Money would have been much better spent getting Culpepper and Vinatieri rather than the worst cancer in the NFL.
No true Cowboy fan would ever disgrace himself by buying or wearing T.O.'s jersey!!!!!!
I am a true Dallas fan. I am also intrigued and think this was a very good move. Like every other cowboy fan you obviously believe Quarterback is our problem position. How would Culpepper make this better? Did you not see his statistics last year when he was playing? Bledsoe had the best QB rating in the league through week 7. What changed after that? The o-line. To many injuries. So Culpepper wouldn't have helped. Besides there is some question about Culpepper's health and ability to play. There is no question about that with regards to TO. You KNOW he can play.
Moving on, Parcells has removed players that caused problems and openned their mouths complaining. A-train, Antonio Bryant, etc. Why would TO be any different? Because we are paying him more? Nope, Parcells runs a tight ship with regards to in fighting and such...he won't put up with it.
Coakley was getting old, and his season in St. Louis showed it was the right move. Glover was originally brought in as a sack monster....his ability to do that has diminished greatly over the years and his size is NOT ideal to plug the middle in a 3-4 defense.
No, I disagree...TO was a good move. If he works out, great. If he doesn't, we haven't lost anything truly.

sufunk

We havent lost anything!!!!!!!!!! How bout cap space??????? and team unity??????
Ask Philly if they lost anything last year when they cut him, its called a wasted season. We build our whole offense around him, then he screws us just like he did S.F., Baltimore and philly, then what do we do after we cut him???
I agreee about o-line, thats why this money should have went to Steve hutchinson not a locker room cancer.
You think Culpepper was a risk cus he had a bad year last year????? well he was hurrt before the season ending injury and the year b4 he had an amazing season basically w/o moss the last 8 weeks. Oh by the way, whats happened to T.O. the last 3 years??? Thats right , hes old and gets hurt every year. Dont think that just cus roy williams aint laying him out that his broken down body will last 16 games because it wont. If this was 4 years ago, maybe id say ok lets dance with the devil because hes so much better than everyone else but hes 32 now and like Moss slowing down!
We needed Hutchinson, Vinatieri, Culpepper-Brees-Kitna, even Javon Walker but not this cancer. HE will tear the team apart like every other team he has been on!
P.s> I dont think QB is our problem but we do need to start thinking about the future sometime!! Bledsoe is old and we had a chance at 2 different 29 yeard old pro bowlers.

darth tang

Cap space is easily remedied. If he poses a problem we cut him. His contract is such that he only get's roster bonuses. If we cut him, we free up the cap space. No loss there.
Culpepper was not hurt at the beginning of last season befor ehis season ending injury. You must be confusing him with Mcnabb. There is a question of whether he will return to form after his injury. This is ONE reason Minnesota sent him packing, that and his mouth was heading in the direction of TO's antics. So...with Culpepper's mouth and injury problem, how can you say he would have been better?
Everytime TO got hurt, it was playing Dallas I believe. He can't play dallas if he is on the team...problem solved. (joke)
As far as the future...we have Henson in the world league right now getting some experience and educatiuon while playing. We are working on the future.
Hutchinson cost to much, and we already signed Fabini and Kosier. We are addressing the O-line problem wiuthout spending tones of money on one guy...The Oline has a lot of holes, not just one like our wideout spot.
Keyshawn had a habit of criticizing his teammates publicly also....especially last season. I see no difference between Keyshawn and To...except performance numbers and one got his team to the super bowl the first year he signed on, it is called an impact player. Our offense is not being formed around him, he is an addition...that is all....Parcells coaching style will not allow TO room to be "the man" or run his mouth. If we have a problem we will cut him without losing cap space or much of a bonus (we gave a 10 million dollar bonus to a corner last year that wasn't Deion Sanders shut down caliber).
Case in point, Randy Moss had a history of off field problems and "cancers". Everyone passed on him in the draft because of it. Minnesota signed him and he worked out well for a number of years..........change can happen.
If not, we have lost nothing...we got rid of one mouth for a bigger mouth that is a playmaker.

nflnutswif

Playmaker is the bottom line. Wins, and all will be forgotten no matter what we think of him now. Jones created a marketing magnet here!
My seasons invoice was increased, am I surprised???? NOPE!

sufunk

Moss's only problem was that he got caught with weed in school before coming into the NFL, he was never a cancer and he was a 20 year old kid not a 32 year old man!
Fabini and kosier dont help, they arent upgrades over what we have! Hutchinson would have been an upgrade and only cost as much as those 2, not to mention lecharles Bentley. As you said we have plenty of cap space.
You cant honestly believe that Henson is our future. The guys gotta be like 28 by now. He was in school with Brady and he has 3 frigging titles while Henson has played 1 half of a game so far.
Culpeppers nothing like T.O. he's never intentionally poisoned a team and locker room to get more money or get someone cut like T.O. has.
As for our offense not formed around him, thats a naive statement. Obviously we are going to revolve the offense around our highest paid player especially one who demands the offense revolve around him or he sulks and publicly accuses the QB of being gay!
As for just cutting him, he still counts a certain portion against the cap for the next 3 years.
GUARANTEED either Parcells or T.O. will be gone after this year!
As NFLnuts said, great move for the Cowboys bottom line, horrible move for the Cowboys on field success. I pray im wrong but i think any Philly fan will tell you that im not.
Im only venting on you Darth cus Jerry JOnes wont answer any of my damn emails

zsalinas

T.O. is still argueable the best reciever in the game right now. He puts up number and he wins. I'm not saying his off the field bs doesn't need to stop cause I think it does. He's a very very good player and will be a huge benefit to the cowboys instead of keyshawn. He may be in his early 30's but he can still move and out run any cb or safety in the game. Everybody does a lot of talkin about him till he starts to make your team win then you love him. People like that are just "fair weather" fans.
Whoever was saying culpepper is good is blind. He was horrible last year before his injury. He's also been in trouble with the law. I like culpepper I just don't think he would've been good for the cowboys at all.
P.S. I'm not a cowboys fan at all but I am a T.O. fan (what he does on the field not off)

sufunk

Yeah im a big fan of a guy sitting at home on sundays, suspended, while his teammates lose because hes made everyone in the organization hate him because of his petty jealousy of teammates

zsalinas

Wait a second? If the team is so much better with out him and blah blah then what happened? they lose and that now becomes their problem not T.O's since he's not playing. Like I said that crap he does off the field is childish and stupid. The Eagles doing that well with him vs what they do with out him just goes to show the impact he has on the field. If they can't win without T.O. then they should've just let him play I guess huh. Each of us are entilted to our own opinions that's what makes it so great. I like T.O. and you hate him.

sufunk

Certainly we would be better with him but when he forces the team to suspend him halfway thru the season, where does that leave us?
Noone wants a teammate who publicly calls the team leader a quitter, a coward or homosexual because they are jealous of him!!

zsalinas

I completely agree. He's dumb in that aspect. He played with Jerry Rice for gods sake. The best reciever to ever play. Jerry Rice showed him the game. I'm 100% positive Jerry Rice never showed him to act that way off the field. If I was makin millions of dollars playin pro-sports and I was losing I'd just keep my mouth shut and enjoy my padded bank account. Along with my huge house, sweet cars, and usually super model wife. lol