T5 lighting is looking better and better

enomadra

Wow I just searched and found some really cool information. It apears as though ATI has been able to increase the T5 output again!:) (8 to 10% I think)
Here is the information from a german web site. Sorry if it does not make total sense but I had to translated it and some of it got a little messed up.
"One can obtain thus a laminar lighting intensity, which corresponds approx. to 50% of the tropical midday sun. This succeeded so far only with e.g. 400 or 1000 Watts of halogen metal-vapor lamps (depending upon focusing), which had to be installed for rather uneven distribution sample however around a surface to light up somewhat more highly over the aquarium and then again to the light intensity led."
2nd paragraph
"The reason for a such increase lies apart from the closer arrangement of the tubes above all also in the somewhat higher electronic control as well as in the more purposeful focusing. By the close complete parabolic reflectors in line, one achieves a stronger light bundling, which leads in the final result to a stronger light concentration and thus to a higher coefficient of utilization. Losses are avoided by this purposeful light steering element by uncontrolled scattered light. At the same time the viewer is spared from the aquarium also from featurefeature features, as one partly finds you with lights with hello gene metal-vapor lamps."

So now it looks like I am going to be going with the ATI Power Bar light setup with the new version of their bulbs and the new version of their reflectors in the 3 bulb 80 watt version. I am going to run 2 of these setups over my 135 Gallon tank.
Has anyone else seen these lighting systems here in the US?
:)