t5HO lighting for 150 gallon reef

humuhumu1

What t5 lighting fixture would you recommend for a 150 gallon tank that is 28" high? For this tank I want to have softies, lps, and some of the easier sps coral species. The sps will be at the very top of the tank by the way. I was thinking about the current usa nova extreme pro 12x39 watt t5 fixture. Is that good enough or what do you suggest.

wangotango

For a tank that deep the Nova doesn't really have the umph to reach the bottom. If you're on a budget it would still be ok with careful coral placement, but you're going to want to use much better bulbs.
I'd go with an 60" 8-bulb retrofit with Icecap ballasts.
-Justin

johnr2604

Originally Posted by humuhumu1
http:///forum/post/3166295
What t5 lighting fixture would you recommend for a 150 gallon tank that is 28" high? For this tank I want to have softies, lps, and some of the easier sps coral species. The sps will be at the very top of the tank by the way. I was thinking about the current usa nova extreme pro 12x39 watt t5 fixture. Is that good enough or what do you suggest.
I'm assuming because the height this is a 4ft tank? What are your demensions?

lukeist1

Current USA 72" Outer Orbit 3X150Watt 10,000K HQI w/ 8 Lunar this is what i have on my 155 bow. it has three 150 m/h, and four 3' 96 watt blue actinc.. it's about a thousand but i love it!

joncat24

Originally Posted by humuhumu1
http:///forum/post/3166295
If you are going to have a canopy, you could do a retro t5 setup. That is what I am doing on my new 125 that I am setting up.
I am going to use 6 48" and 6 24" bulbs on mine. It is alot cheaper to do a retro instead of a fixture