t5's best of, brand and mixes!!

biggdriver

A lot of you have been using t5 bulbs now and I would like to see the best brands and actinic/mixes to get the best colors. Pictures are a must along with bulb brands and kelvin ratings etc. There are some awesom looking mixes out there and it would help me choose which bulbs to go with. Thanks

biggdriver

Come on there must be some t5 users out there that can post some pics along with bulb info. Please! I really want to get the colors to pop with a slight purple-ish coloring. Saw someone on here a while back that had an awesome combo but he never replied to what bulbs he was using. Think it was Sporty?

nycbob

got to reefgeek.com, and check out all the bulbs. the bulbs will hv descriptions on them. usually mixing actinics and a 11-14k bulbs will bring out the purple.

wangotango

https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/357826/tangos-update
Not 100% accurate but about as close as it's going to get (it's a bit brighter too).
ATI Aquablue Special
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Procolor
ATI Blue Plus
ATI Aquablue Special
I've used a lot of combos from different brands like Geisemann and UVL. My favorite so far has been a combo of the Blue Plus and Aquablue Special. Gives a nice crisp white-slighltly blue with plently of PAR. You can always whiten it up with something like a 6700k daylight.
-Justin