T5's, Moonlights & a 55?

kas2247

I had 2x54w T-5 lights, but recently added my last 2 lights to make it a 4x54w setup w/individual reflectors. Reflectors are about 2.5" each, so by the time you spread 4 of them across a 55 canopy, there's no room left for moonlights. Has anyone else encountered this problem and does anyone have an idea for how to fix it? My only idea is to stick the moonlights on the sides of the canopy, but that's not going to shine much light straight down in the tank.

kube

i have the exact same set up and overcame the problem you are facing right now, I made my out of stuff from Radio Shack, and used wire that would normaly be used for wiring a furnace thermostat, it stiff enought that you can point them as spot lights and they dont move, i attached them to the front of my canopy, i'll post pics tonight or tommorow of how i did it

kas2247

That would be great! I'd love to see how you set it up. I've been wracking my brain for the last week trying to figure out how I could rig it up, so pictures would be wonderful!