Take frags from me?

speg

Asked a LFS today that used to take my frags if they still would accept them for store credit.... the lady (not the guy who used to take them happily) told me that she cannot accept frags because
"fish and wildlife are down my throat as it is."
I see people selling frags on ---- all the time, and many stores REALLY appreciate frags from people because they often sell quickly... I was wondering if there is actually anything illegal going on when a store accepts coral frags for 'store credit' from a regular hobbyist?

ibanez

I doubt it, but in these tough economic times, I have seen more than one store not able to give hardly anything for trade-in because they need to keep the cash inflows instead of being a swap business. I personally used to donate a lot of stuff to my old lfs and tell him it was to help them stay in business.

speg

What doesn't make sense to me is that people sell frags much better than they do whole 'show' pieces... so why note give me 30 bucks store trade-in for 3 frags which probably equals 10-15 dollars real cash... and then sell the pieces for 20 bucks each... that's 60 bucks.. seems like a good profit to me.

mrdc

I'm still not following .. "fish and wildlife are down my throat as it is."
Is she trying to say that it is illegal to accept frags from the public? That's a new one on me.

mrdc

Originally Posted by florida joe
http:///forum/post/3251465
I think she may be trying to say that with the economy being the way it is she is overstocked
That makes sense. The economy has hurt my LFSs. I'm not sure how they are staying afloat. I'm doing all I can for them!!

speg

So then I take it that you guys don't have a problem unloading frags on your LFS?