Talk about being scared of a power outage, check these pics out!

puffer32

Tornado touched down close to home. We were lucky :scared: Pics taken in my yard, didn't lose power luckily.

frankthetank

you live in dallas area, or texas at least? I ask because a serious storm rolled through here about 3 or so hours ago. Tornados and baseball sized hail everywhere!

frankthetank

That was a pretty good storm. The tornado didn't come near us, though we did hear the sirens. We bot about cherry sized hail at my house, but about 6 blocks south it was baseball sized. Thank Goodness!!! I've never seen baseball sized hail in my life!
I always worry about the power outage... like one time before I had my tank we lost power from 4pm until 3am. That could just wipe a tank out.

puffer32

We have never seen hail even golf ball size,all new to us. The sirens scared me to, first time i heard them, probably not the last. I have battery operated air pumps, but not sure if thats enough for a prolonged outage :notsure: Gotta get a generator, just makes sense

cgrant

one of the best investments i made was my 12000watt generator.
not only for my tank but i can probably run most of my house off it if i wanted to.

frankthetank

Originally Posted by CGRANT
one of the best investments i made was my 12000watt generator.
not only for my tank but i can probably run most of my house off it if i wanted to.
how much did it cost?

wayneshine

Try home depot or harbor freight for a 5000-6500 watt generator. They usually run around $500.00 and are great for short time usuage.