Tang Food?

jwill275

I have a young sailfin tang for the past two weeks, eating only the dried seaweed I put feed on a clip. I have very litle live rock, I offered frozen mysis but he only wants the seaweed. Are there any other foods I should be offering? Is the dried seaweed enough?
Thank you

sepulatian

Originally Posted by jwill275
I have a young sailfin tang for the past two weeks, eating only the dried seaweed I put feed on a clip. I have very litle live rock, I offered frozen mysis but he only wants the seaweed. Are there any other foods I should be offering? Is the dried seaweed enough?
Thank you
You can buy tang formula foods that contain a variety of meats and veggies. You can also make your own to suit your fish's needs. Check out Beth's recipe here https://forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/127007/faqs-fish-diseases-treatments-quarantine-health-info#post_914889 This can be found in the Common Treatments FAQ located at the top of the Disease and Treatments board. Offer some other foods in addition to the algae. Sailfins are not very picky fish. He will start accepting other foods.

dogstar

Try live brine if you can get it to entice it into eating other stuff while still trying the mysis...my sailfin loves mysis and Spectrum pelets....and dried seaweed.

jwill275

Thanks to all! Just bought some spirulian brine shrimp - added some garlic juice - BINGO - can't get enough. Thanks

sepulatian

Originally Posted by jwill275
Thanks to all! Just bought some spirulian brine shrimp - added some garlic juice - BINGO - can't get enough. Thanks
Spirulina brine? One is algae and one is an invert that has nutritional value when newly hatched. That won't sustain him though. I am very glad that he is accepting other foods. Plan your next food purchase. These have all been good choice suggestions for foods for you to choose from. See what your LFS carries. Sailfins are not picky fish. What size tank is this?