tang question

williamrhodes

Has anyone ever kept a yellow tang and a powder blue tang in the same tank? I have a yellow and wanted to add a powder blue but I was told that the two dont get along?
Anyone have any expierance with that? Thanks.

sepulatian

Originally Posted by williamrhodes
http:///forum/post/2620165
Has anyone ever kept a yellow tang and a powder blue tang in the same tank? I have a yellow and wanted to add a powder blue but I was told that the two dont get along?
Anyone have any expierance with that? Thanks.
They certainly can go together. There may be some territory issues if the yellow has been there for awhile. Be sure to QT the PB. Give him time to get used to eating what you feed without competition. It will also give time for parasites to show before he goes into the display.

myerst22

I have a PBT and a Black Tang together, which is basically the same as the yellow. They push each other around a bit but they are fine together. Here are some pics of them. Regards, Tim

williamrhodes

thanks for the info, I appriciate it and those are some sweet pictures!
I have the yellow tang right now he's the old man of the tank.
I have had him along time. What do you guys suggest would be best - find a PB the same size as the yellow or should I get a smaller one, I'd rather buy a young one. Thanks again!

srfisher17

They should be ok; a yellow is as good a tang as any to put with a PB. It is also a plus that you're putting the PB in last, they can be extremely territorial and aggressive to newcomers. As was mentioned, the yellow will probably have the whole tank as his territory, but they should settle in. I don't think the size will matter much, as long as the pb isn't a "tiny" one Like some of the quarter-size regals on the market. BTW; I don't like to relate my experience as a rule; because someone has always kept every possible combination of fish together. But, I've kept these two fish together at least 3 times with no problems. I have 3 yellows and a PB in my big tank now.

williamrhodes

Thanks a bunch, looks like I have some shopping to do now.....that guy at the fish store is all smiles when I walk in. Im pretty sure he's gonna be buying a new car soon because of my addiction...

ironeagle2006

He would have SHOT me then cause at one ponit I had a Clown tang Blue Hippo Yellow PBT Sailfain and Scopas all in a 150 and all doing great with no fights. Now down to the Blue Hippo and Yelllow and Scopas got rid of the others til I get my larger 300 plus used the store credit for my wifes new Longnose Butterfly and my new pair of Scooter Blennies.

fishkid13

I had yellow tang and salifin in the same tank the did fine with each other didn't fight, so I am sure you could put a PBT in the tank and be fine but dont put to yellow tangs in a tank unless at the same time. That was my mistake.