Tang Trouble

Jim Mattocks

I have a new yellow tang that was provided by Saltwaterfish.com
I have had him almost a week and have placed seaweed in the tank.
All my other fish, including 2 other new ones, are eating mysis and brine shrimp fine.
There is no evidence of him being stressed, fins are fine.
he nibble at the seaweed but is not eating anything else. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

florida joe

He looks healthy when you feed introduce some in one side of the tank and the rest in the other. as long as he is getting some food give him a few days. if he is still not eating to well i have something you may want to try

jay0705

I agree it looks good. You could try live macro alage. My tangs destroy a pint of it in 2 days

Jim Mattocks

This is day 6 and as of now he HAS started to eat. I hope it continues. will keep you posted. Thanks to both of you "florida Joe" and Jay0705 for your help.

Where can I get micro algae like you are speaking of?

florida joe

This is day 6 and as of now he HAS started to eat. I hope it continues. will keep you posted. Thanks to both of you "florida Joe" and Jay0705 for your help.

Where can I get micro algae like you are speaking of?
First its Macro not Micro my friend Jay is talking about, actually I have never heard of gracilla. you can also go to the supermarket and buy Nori.

jay0705

First its Macro not Micro my friend Jay is talking about, actually I have never heard of gracilla. you can also go to the supermarket and buy Nori.
really? I may have spelled it wrong but its close. I get a deep red/ purple gracilla