tang with blach ich

loopy

my yellow tang has black ich. I think the coral beauty probably does also. I did post this on the disease forum, but lefty said to do a formalin or freshwater bath and I am afraid to do that. (afraid I'll stress the fish catching it and make things worse.) Thank though lefty...seriously!
any other suggestions? Just do the bath? fresh or formalin?
My qt tank is to small for all these fish, and I have inverts in the main tank. My qt is only 10 gallons. Suggestions welcome.
Thanks.

plumbjohn

I did a formulin bath for my yellow and it only took one try. No more black spots. I just used 3 galls from tank and put 3 ozs of medicine in let him sit in it for 15 mins I think. Its on the bottle. Hope this helps.

T

tizzo

I had great luck adding a neon goby and a cleaner shrimp. Black ick gone, and stayed gone.:)

larrynews

i use this stuff no ick, it has worked for me everytime, if you need help finding it there is a place on line that sells the big bottle cheaper than the lfs sells the little one and with shipping its still cheaper...but its not kick ick thats something else
larrynews@hotmail.com

dory36

Loopy, I dipped my tang in freshwater only once for 15 minutes and all his spots disappeared. :joy:

loopy

thanks to all. I tried to get formalin today but the

[hr]
doesn't carry it, nor does any place else. BUT...yesterday I removed the coral angel beauty and put him in the qt tank...and today the spots are gone. If they return, however, I will try the freshwater bath. (The cb was intimating the crap out of the tang, non stop....so he's on his own for now, and taking a trip back to the fish store, rotten grump.) We'll see how things work out, thanks for the advice, more is welcome!

loopy

well...things aren't so great. I still have the regular ick/ich....whatever. I can't get a hold of the kick-ich or any formalin. I am going to have to try freshwater dips on basically all of the fish I guess. Any advice is welcome, I am not doing this until tomorrow. I am afraid I will stress the fish catching them and kill them doing the dip. geez.

dogstar

Make sure you use ro water and that the pH of the fresh water is same as tank for less stress and if they start flaping or acting crazy take them out.