Tangs and Butterflys

brendac

I was reading in one of the forums that someone has 2 angels together. I wanted to put 2 angels and 2 butterflys in the same aquarium... Can I do this? I have a raccoon butterfly and a yellow hawaiiian Tang.. Want to get the Auria butterfly and a blue tang too... Can I?

dogstar

The Racoon and both Tangs should all do fine together as long as tank size and system is not an issue. But the Auriga can get pretty aggressive with other simular species. May want to consider the Doublesaddle or the Vagabond instaed. Im quessing this is not a reef tank.

sleasia

I have now in a 200 gallon tank....a blue faced angel, a naso tang, three yellow tangs, a hippo tang, and an auriga butterfly all doing well...the angel and tangs have all been in the tank over 8 months...the butterfly went in the tank a month or so ago along with a racoon butterfly which did not survive. It lived 3 or 4 weeks and then died.(the racoon)..apparently from a bacterial infection. reddened areas which I assume began because the auriga bothered the raccoon in the qt tank and then the naso bothered him in the main tank.
There are are some people who do have more than one angel in their tanks and are doing fine, but in general it seems not to be advised. I know my blue face is a tail nipper and can be pretty aggressive. I don't plan on going the two angel route...

sleasia

So what I forgot to say is that my experience seems to confirm what dogstar is saying about the auriga and the racoon not being a good combo.