tangs

reefkprz

unfortunatly tangs are not really suited for small tanks the minimum tank size for smaller tangs is 55 gallons. Sorry.
you could always get a baby tang 1/2 inch or so then trade it in as it grew bigger. really though they are happier in larger tanks with room to swim.

hot883

Any tang is NOT suited for a 55 PERIOD. Hopes and dreams of upgrading or trading in later are just that; dreams. People get attached to the fish and don't have the money to upgrade so they end up keeping the tang in a less than suitable size such as a 55 and it ends up dying. There are thousands of threads on tangs on here research them. You will find no tang is suitable for anything less than a 100 gallon long (SIX FEET). Some will argue that the size does not matter, experience does etc. etc. blah, blah, blah. Look at the other threads and see the heated debates. Just my thoughts.

coachklm

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
unfortunatly tangs are not really suited for small tanks the minimum tank size for smaller tangs is 55 gallons. Sorry.
you could always get a baby tang 1/2 inch or so then trade it in as it grew bigger.
really though they are happier in larger tanks with room to swim.
please do not recommend this as too many people do it and then never upgrade tanks. life can always get in the way of upgrade plans.

jmick

Originally Posted by hot883
Any tang is NOT suited for a 55 PERIOD. Hopes and dreams of upgrading or trading in later are just that; dreams. People get attached to the fish and don't have the money to upgrade so they end up keeping the tang in a less than suitable size such as a 55 and it ends up dying. There are thousands of threads on tangs on here research them. You will find no tang is suitable for anything less than a 100 gallon long (SIX FEET). Some will argue that the size does not matter, experience does etc. etc. blah, blah, blah. Look at the other threads and see the heated debates. Just my thoughts.

Very well said!

nigerbang

I have done a yellow in a 55...Retrospect..bad idea..didnt reasearch it until later and found out about size requirment and gave it to a friend with a 150..You wouldnt jam a Pit bull into a cat carrier..dont do it with a fish....get a nice dwarf angel