TANGS

smus

THANKS FOR THE ADVISE ON THE TANGS COULD YOU RECOMMEND WHICH ARE THE HARDIEST AND MOST PEACEFUL. MY TANK IS A 135 FO WET/DRY FILTER. I AM EXCITED ABOUT GETTING A TANG OR TWO. I WAS HOPING FOR A SAILFIN AND A YELLOW IF I CAN. ANY ADVISE (EXCEPT FLUSHING) WOULD BE APPRECIATED. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

veskas

Naso or Powder Blue are beautiful tangs..they get pretty large. Your 135 gal should be fine. Also, Yellow or Purple Tang (but definitely not both!!!) I've seen schools of 3-4 Yellow tangs that look great!!
Also Achilles Tang is gorgeous, but I heard not very hardy unless water & conditions are PERFECT!

kris

The naso's and regals are probably the hardiest. The general rule is that too many of the same body style may fight. Try a group of yellows and a naso or powder. These are not starter fish, however, they should only be introduced into a well established aquarium. Good Luck.

fishgirl

i doubt a yellow tang would get along with a sailfin -- try a reagal or a clown tang with your yellow ones (I'd get three, due to the fact that yellow tangs rule)
But if (alas) you decide against a yellow tang, try a purple one in it's place, they're great, too. I've heard people have too much trouble with achilles tangs.