Tangs

lar

I have had negative experiences with all tangs except hippos. In a 4ft tank. New plan to give these fish another start. 8 ft tank abundant algae, juvi tangs, several providing security of numbers, ozone, reef, good water quality,
what else? Can I do ?

fishgirl

try not to put tangs with the same basic body shape in the tank together, and unless you have a really big tank, DONT put a bunch of the same sp. together -- get one of each kind of species. the tank you described sounds great. I can't imagine how you had so much trouble w/ tang -- they are some of my favorite fish, if not my #1 fav.

fishgirl

probly not, since there's so many of them and they're only juvis, AND the tank's big -- should work just great -- I LOVE YELLOW TANGS, and the juvis are sooooo cute! Good Luck!

kris

The yellows are one of the only species of tangs I see grouped together in large numbers, so I think that would work great.

fishgirl

Not that I've heard of, and don't put purples in the same tank with yellows, b/c tangs of the same basic body shape (like yellows and purples)will see each other as competitors, and the tangs-in-residence (the yellows) will be the biggest bulliers. Try tangs of a different shape, and get only one of each other species u want to add. Is this a all/mostly tang tank? Cool idea, but i hope it works.