Tank Background Paint

fla. keys

if I want to paint the back of my glass an ocean blue color that wont crack or peel off, does anyone know what the proper color is called or a specific brand I should look for. Any special way I need to apply it????

wrassecal

I don't know about paint but we bought canvas the color we wanted and stretched across the back. We used velcro strips top and bottom(can't be seen). It worked really well and is not permanent if we decide to make a change. :)

mr . salty

Most good LFS sell a self adhisive backing.I have used this stuff on many tanks and it works and looks great.It can be a little trickey to apply,but if you wet the glass before you start,you can easily work out any bubbles...It is also fairly easy to remove if you ever want to change it...

chadillac

I do window tinting... I just used a piece of frosted film. I'm sure you could go to any local tinter and get a piece. You can get film in a lot of colors too. Flat glass is very easy to do even for someone who has never done it. I'm sure any where you go the person you get the film from would be more than happy to give you a quick tip or 2. And its real easy to get off if you ever get tired of any color.

crispcritr

i used spray paint. rustolium(spelling). used three layers then sealed it using clear sealer, same brand. looks great and is hardy does not chip easily.

pat

i used whatever spraypaint i had lying around,which was engine block paint, old ford blue, if that peels, man......