Tank capacity

tbone38

I've got a 125 gal. tank, with a 125 gal. refugium set up. Recently I added two more fish to the system (as well as two new pieces of coral). I'm wondering what the total fish capacity of my system is...the tank has been running for about 18 months with no major problems. I've recently added lights and am running at about 6w per gallon. In my refugium I have a clean-up crew, some macro algae, but no fish. Do I factor the water capacity of my refugium into the total gallons of my system? In my main tank I currently have:
Powder Blue Tang
Lawnmower Blennie
2 Percula Clowns
1 Lyretail Anthia
1 small Mandarin Goby
1 Foxface Rabbitfish
1 Rose Bubble Tip Anemone
Assorted Coral, both hard and soft
If anyone has a word of advice, I would appreciate it.

hammerhed7

To find the total volume of your system combine the display tank, and the volume of your refugium. you can do this by math, for example if your refugium is 72" long by 18" wide, you would multiply length X width X height. you height would be a measurement of how deep the water is in your refugium, for example 10", so you would multiply 72X18X10, the answer would be given in a volume of square inches, there are 231 square inches in a gallon of water (someone correct me if I am wrong, it has been a long time since my last math class).
so, 72X18X10 divided by 231 will give you the number of gallons in your refugium, add 125 to this, and that is your system volume.
with that being said, from you stock list you could add more fish if you want to, maybe some more anthias, I would not add anything too large unless you have a good protein skimmer to help with the bioload.
hope this helped, Good Luck