Tank Cycled

ryan2003

Ive cycled my tank for a monh exact.With a protien skimmer and a aquaclear300 also with 4 damsels is it ok to put fish in now? also what are good fish to put in i wanna do that coral stuff i saw it at my LFS in plastic wrap it cost like 10bucks its like white is it real or fake?

a_fender69

The average cycle last from 6-8 weeks going the method that you have gone. Yes you can add fish but you are limited to very hardy fish. tomatoe, cinnamon, clarks/clarkes, luanre wrasse(remember that these will get mean) will do well. Dont add angels, butterflys, anthises, tangs, or lion fish. A good rule of thumb when adding any new fish to a fish only tank is to add only half the amount in inches of fish to the tank that currently exists. ex: You have four damsels and they measure about 1 inch a piece. You can add 1 two inch fish or 2 1inch fish. There is max the tank and filtration will handle in the end. Take the gallonage of the tank and divid by two and that is the numbe in inches of fish you can have. Understand that inchs in fish is not an exact science and bigger fish have bigger bio-loads and waist

a_fender69

at one time the coral was alive but no has been bleached and is dead. Good idea to add to the tank to provide hiding spaces for fish to be. Easy to clean also, when it gets dirty with algea, take it from the tank and put it in the bath tub with extremely hot water. After about 30 minutes, shake vigorously and put back in tank:)