Tank Item Pics :)

maury

I put these up in the Photography forum, but figured I'd share over here as well.
Here's my Powder Blue, thinking he was going to get fed, rather than his picture taken: ;)

My blue carpet, awaiting my acquisition of some Saddleback clowns

My Gold Stripe Maroon clown peeking out from his Rose Anemone:

A special thanks to RyeBread who gave me the advice on which camera to get :)

maury

The camera is a Nikon D100, digital SLR, and no, not using any flash, just the light in the tank. This camera can reproduce the exact coloration of the subjects in the tank with just the lighting from the tank.
And nope, haven't had any problems with two anemones in the tank. However, it is a larger (210) tank and the anemone's are a good 5 feet apart.

m.rogers

me i love that powder blue tang they are so sweet looking and the reast look great as well. how long have you had the carpet i have read that they can be bad for eating your fish.
mike

maury

I've had this one for about 2 months now, and it's the only one I have been able to keep alive past 2 weeks. I have had 2 before this from various other online site, and ironically, this one I bought here, at SWFish.com. I was initially worried, as it arrived in a bag without ANY water, and the anemone was just moist. However, once acclimated (I went ahead and slowly did it, even though there was no shipping water) he went right in and buried his foot, expanded up, and colored up deeper. I've since come to learn/believe, that these things should be shipped exactly as SW fish did.
And as far as loosing fish, nope, none yet. My guys seem to know what this pretty thing is, and don't hit it. I have no doubt that it is going to make a meal of one of my fish at some point in the future, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. For now, I'm feeding it 2 times a week on a varied diet of silversides, shrimp and scallops. Keeping under a minimal-moderate flow area (really, HE picked it, not me ;) ) and under 250W MH 6500k with some supplemental VHO's