tank leaking

mindcage133

That sucks! I would guess you should lower the water level past the point of the leak (possibly relocate the living things temporarily) then seal is with aquarium silicone and allow it to cure. I'm sure some with experience doing this may have some better tips.
Good Luck

C

cristiangarcia

I'm sorry to hear about that. My 55 gallon leaked about 10 gallons of water on my floor after I woke up and seen it. Yep..it sux...My leaks were coming from the bottom middle back glass(by the black frame). I basically didnt know what to do or who to call. I guess I did the quick thing..ran to local fish shop and replaced that sucker. Took all the water out in like 8 5-gal buckets and a garbage can and a cooking pot :) lots of water on the floor. Trust me my gf wasn't to happy with it but what could I do. That was such a pain to take everything out and do an emergency change. Ohh and the worse part about it was i had to move it later on cuz the gf didint want it there also it was attracting much more alge close to the window so... My other tank I'm just gonna sell it as a reptile tank so both ways I guess I'm ok. Sorry I couldnt help you out with any suggestions on patching it up.

forsfed50

The leak appeared to be at the bottom seal so all the water
would have to be removed with everything else. The
skimmer air intake was stopped up and over flowed
the water. No leak nice ending.