tank turn over gph

speedy

hi all
i was just wondering if my new pump is to big for my tank befor i install it my last pump was to small so i upgrad. Im wondering if turning over my tank 19.2 times per hour is to fast or what
any help here would be great i have a 125 dule overflow tank reef and some fish
thanks!

almarktool

dual over flow is it a reef ready ? if not what are the overflows rated for ? do u have one 1pump feeding each return line or just one pump going to a t then feeding the overflows? what pump is it?? what do u have in the tank

donkeykong

Give us some more details...
What exactly do you have and how is the pump returning the water, one bulk head shooting straight dwon 20 small lines lining the back?
will need that type of info...

speedy

its a all glass dule overflow tank 1'' drop pipes 3/4'' feed pipes i have a home mad spary bar system that sprays watter throw holes all the way across the top-bottom-and sides of the back wall of the tank my sump is 110gal the pumps i use to use was a rio 2100 powerhead witch ran to a T to both sides now i have 2 4100 rio's one to run each side at 4' head pressuer thay run 1200gph hope this info helps

fshhub

19.2 is a LONG way from being too m uch, just make sure it is enough indiviual sources to eliminate any possible dead areas

almarktool

Anthem.
how did u come up with 600 GPh on the overflow? when i contacted Oceanic they told me the overflows were 1000 GPH ,
in which case i run a Mag Drive 12 on my 72 bowfront which has 1 overflow and approx a head of 4ft
Mark

fshhub

Originally posted by golfish
Yeah, your looking at 600-700 gph per overflow tops. I'd read some more about Rio pumps, there iffy at best.

i agree, do some more research before buying