Tank update and help needed!!

dangerfish

So I got some new additions to the tank I got a yellow eye tang, a firefish, a two spot goby, and I know before you even yell at me and make me feel guilty know that this was a present to me and im not just going to go to the fish store and return a fish but anyways my brother got me a porcupine puffer (dont rage on me) now yes I know that it's in too small of a tank but right now he's only about 2-3 inches and I plan on getting him a bigger home. I also got some coral like zoanthids (the only coral that I see the puffer nip sometimes), a birds nest (my favourite), a finger leather, a candy cane, and a monte (I think). And next I got two shrimp a cleaner shrimp and a pepperment shrimp, the pepperment shrimp hides all day even before the puffer and the cleaner shrimp has been known to ve more aggresive to the puffer then the puffer is to him (i've even seen the cleaner actually get on the puffer for a little bit). Now what I need help on is what fish should I get to help with algae in the sand and rocks because the puffer is picking on the hermits and snails. (don't worry i've been watching levels).

dangerfish

And if I even need anything else for the sand because the two spot goby is still really small like around a inch, and theirs a bunch of algae in the sand.

2quills

You have the Kole tang which will help with the rocks and the goby for the sand. I would stick with that for now and see how it goes. There's no guarantee either of those will do much in preventing algae. That's best controlled by the hobbyist.

Peppermint shrimps stay hidden, it's just what they do. I'll go weeks or months at a time sometimes without seeing mine.

What size tank again?

dangerfish

yeah but my puffer only seems to nip here and there and I plan to eventually relocate mine to a FOWLR tank but that wont be until a little bit.

dangerfish

Probably the peppermint but he wont eat the cleaner, He showed just a little intrest once the shrimp freacked out and scared the puffer away.:D