tank upgrading?

philburt

Hello
Are There Any Steps That I Need To Do To Change Over To A Bigger Tank?i Am Upgrading From 55 To A 90.I Need The Tank To Fit In Same Spot But Don't Want To Stress My Fish Or Any Other Critters Out. thanks

keith burn

The one big thing is to ues all old water.......
get a big tub pull 1/2 of the water out put lr in it all must be under the water with 1 ph in it.. and if you have qa tank put live stock in it with the small size lr with them if not get one will need later, 10-20gal will work with 1 ph in it if you have a hob filter ues it aswell . let water clear up and pull out all but about 1/2in.pull 1/2 of sand/cc/or what you use out put in buket or what will hold it.the outher 1/2 of it pull it out and clean with clean water.(find all live stock first).
now to go back in.....
1st dran all water from sand you did not clean put it in 1st from side to side.
then the clean sand on top.now try to get sw from lfs (used from tenks)
if you can not get new sw(about 10gal or so).put a big glass in tank trying not to messup sand intell your lr will go in under water.add all lr then add old sw to top off but for the water in qa tank.run ph/filter/sump/skimmer after water is clear test i bet all will be ok and put in all live stock.....
all has worked well 4 me from 10gal to 26gal to 48gal to 55gal to 75 gal to 125gal .......lol i got it bad.......

J

jrthomas40

yeah the best thing to ease the stress would be to use as much old water as you can...i just upgraded from a 45 --> 90 and used all but maybe 5 gallons and every lives in the tank happily...when i fed my fish the next few times after that i medicated the food and soaked in garlic to help prevent an outbreak...some folks may be against treating if there are no signs...but IMO i think it is ok to feed medicated food after a big stressfull event like upgrading tanks or introducing to a new tank

keith burn

Originally Posted by philburt
thanks got it done fish are happy as all get out
i told you good job got pic ...

reefkprz

Originally Posted by philburt
Hello
Are There Any Steps That I Need To Do To Change Over To A Bigger Tank?i Am Upgrading From 55 To A 90.I Need The Tank To Fit In Same Spot But Don't Want To Stress My Fish Or Any Other Critters Out. thanks

Jeez man reading that is like driving down a bumpy dirt road
, why do you capitalize every word? (just curious)

arch scot

hey pepsi man,
glad to hear that everything went well with the switch. i hoping to go bigger here in the near future. let me know how everything is going.
from coke man