tank w/divison

anita

hey, sorry I haven't been on here in awhile. School just started this week, so it's been hectic, lol. I saw a picture of a tank online that was 50g & has a separator the divided the tank into 2 areas: one 40g & one 10g area. The separator was a clear plastic panel w/ a few really small holes for water to flow through. I was thinking that would be perfect for me sinc eI could have my reef tank in the majority of the tank area, then we could have our favorites: the chocolate chip star & red general in the other side. I have no idea where to get is divider & how to put it in. Any ideas?
Anita

tripleshot

You could get a peice of plexi glass 1/4 inch thick cut to fit the inside of your tank. Than drill some holes in it for water movement. Than use some aquarium sealant around the three edges let dry and you're done.

acekjd83

plexi-glass is really cheap and you can get it in lots of different sizes at any hardware store. it's easy to cut and drill, but make sure you really goober the sides with aquarium sealant; my sump dividers gave out along the bottom edge when my return pump ruptured the hose connecting it to the main tank, so instead of just emptying the pump chamber, it emptied my entire sump onto the floor.

lesson: aquarium sealant is cheap; use lots. carpet isnt; keep it dry.