tank with ich

kistler

I was told to treat a tank with coppersafe to help stop the ich but place the fish in a H-T and treat them with a pill NEOMYCIN 2 caps for 3 days in my 10 gal. and then let the fish rest in that tank (4 fish). all of the fish seem to be doing well.
this fish are no longer my worry after 1-2 days of treatment of the main tank (55 gal) my snails don’t seem to be doing well, I have stopped treatment on the main tank and I turned on the carbon filter, can I help the snails, and will my live rock and other "stuff be ok" I would also like to be able to stop the ich in the main tank can I with out hurting my friends in the tank (fish are removed)

joshd123

This is what I would do if i was you!!!! This is what I do everyday for a month after I get any new item in my tank. Go get you some Garlic Guard by Seachem. Do a half a tea spoon for a few months. That will kill ALL the ick in your tank water sump and everywhere. It is reef safe and it will make your fish eat like CRAZY. You can also use for fish that are not eating. I have 53 diffrent corals and it has never bothered any of them. You will not see any diffrence for a week or so but over time they will get BRIGHT in color and be happy. The other thing you need to do is go to your pet store and look at the cleaner shrimp. Have the Pet Store owner put his hand down in the tank. The Cleaner shrimp that swims up to his hand, BUY that cleaner shrimp. He will Pick the Ick off the fish and eat it. The only draw back to that is if your fish would come to the shrimp in the first place. If I can get some pick of my tank to fit in this site I will show ya what my tank looks like =-). You can Email me if you have anymore questions. Or you can call me At 1 (501) 882-9142. I will do what I can to help.