Tanks

ldes

Hi All,
So begins my Saltwater Aquarium adventure. I am new to the hobby and excited about getting into it.
I have been looking all around on the web gathering information and ideas and wanted to see what you veterans have to say about a few things.
First of all, I am planning to get a 100 gallon tank and I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations on types ( Acrylic, Glass, pros/cons ??? ) and brands if they even matter. Possibly even some suggestions on good websites or actual stores that sell them.
I am sure this thread will grow with time as I come up with new questions, so thanks in advance for any advice you guys are willing to give.
Leon

tripleshot

As far as what type of tank to get like acrylic or glass thats pretty much up to you. I know the acrylic tanks are more expensive than glass.. You can get a tank from your local fish store. You could also look here in the classified part of this form to see if anyone near you has one for sale. Probley save yourself a bunch of money if you pick it up verses paying shipping from on line.

acrylic51

The choice is really up to you what your looking for in a tank....Acrylic is light, better insulator than glass, and clearer, but scratches easy no matter how careful you are, and you can ask RobChuck and others.....Acrylic is also easy to drill and alter if needed.
Glass on the other hand is heavier, not as good of an insulator as acrylic, but depending on size and quality of glass could be cheaper than acrylic......If clarity is important to you, you can have your tank done in Low E glass which is well worth the extra money.....Most people are afraid or don't have the tools to drill glass so they say it's hard to drill, but it can be if not tempered and IMO is just as easy to drill as acrylic, but takes a bit longer though. HTH