Tarz's 45gal. Diary (Upgraded to 120g)

shyshko08

I wanted to start a diary on my tank, its been up since November of 2008. I'll show pics from the beginning to present! Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated. Before I post pics, here's the set up.Tank Size: 45 gal.Filtration: Fluval 305
Lighting
: PC strip- 96watts 12,000k....96watt True Actinic
Skimmer
: Coral Life Skimmer for 65gal.
Powerhead
: Koralia 1 and Koralia 3
Fish
:
  • (2) Clowns
    Inverts
  • :
    • Peppermint Shrimp
    • Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
    • Coral Bandit Shrimp
    • Snails
    • Nudibranch
      Emerald Crabs
      Sea hare
      Blue/Red Hermit Crabs
    Frags
  • :Frogspawn
    Zoo's
    And a tree like coral that I dont know the name of

shyshko08

And heres a picture I just took seconds ago from my bed.....I love just relaxing and having a view like that. The tank is still not close to perfect or what I want it to be....I like to slowly add things into the tank and watch it slowly progress.

valgae

i'm going to assume that it is the same as kalkwasser. do you have or plan on getting sps or clams? you may not need the extra calcium.

shyshko08

Originally Posted by VALgae
http:///forum/post/2969677
i'm going to assume that it is the same as kalkwasser. do you have or plan on getting sps or clams? you may not need the extra calcium.
I'm deffinatly planning on getting some clams in the future....do they produce calcium?

valgae

no they use calcium in your water. with the softies that you have now i see no reason why you would need to add extra calcium. unless you have a cal,alk,ph problem. theres a sticky in the faq fourm about dripping kalwaser. check that out before getting your clams. oh yeah your tank looks good. coming along nicely.