Tazing a streaker! Well he was clothed but I don't know what else to call him.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/3265996
A buddy of mine is a San Antonio cop, and he told me one time that during rookie training they ask for 'volunteers' to come up and experience the effects of tazers and pepper spray, so that they will be familiar with the effects those devices have on someone they plan on using it on. He laughed and said pretty much everyone volunteered, and the tazer felt like sticking your finger in a light socket and making your entire body convulse.
Buncha cubscout cops, most academies everyone get tased and pepper sprayed.

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/3266342
They shouldn't, they don't deserve basketball or baseball, horrible fans down there.
You obviously have NOT been to a HEAT game! We are a very rowdy, noisy loyal bunch!
And wait til our brand new DOMED stadium is completed.. for the NEW MIAMI MARLINS.. They do the most with the least!

aquaknight

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
http:///forum/post/3266511
You obviously have NOT been to a HEAT game! We are a very rowdy, noisy loyal bunch!
And wait til our brand new DOMED stadium is completed.. for the NEW MIAMI MARLINS.. They do the most with the least!
And there inlays the problem with the Marlins, they cut most of their loyal season-ticket holding fan base that lives in Broward and Palm Beach by name change (Florida Marlins to Miami Marlins) and building the new stadium further south.

kjr_trig

http:///forum/post/3266511
Back in the day, When I lived in Port St. Lucie saw them play against Da Bulls in 97 I think it was....As many Bull fans there as Heat fans....It was like going to a Az Cardinal game 10 years ago
Not so rowdy, gotta be honest.

It's ok, the Sun's fans are pretty lazy when we play crappy teams like the Warriors, Nets, or Heat (for example)
....Easy to have the stadium pumped up when you're playing the 4 time Champion Spurs in the playoffs.

miaheatlvr

Well aqua how long do you think we can still keep playing in a football stadium that holds 60k? and all of the rain delays.. forget it... IT Will be like the Heat where you have a fan base from Palm Beach to the Keys are you telling me the loyal Marlin fans will somehow not come anymore because they need to drive another 15 minutes south to a new air conditioned state of the art domed stadium because they changed the name to Miami Marlins?? common now... Plus they are making that whole area into a kind of COCOWALK if you have ever been there..

aquaknight

http:///forum/post/3266667
Well aqua how long do you think we can still keep playing in a football stadium that holds 60k? and all of the rain delays.. forget it... IT Will be like the Heat where you have a fan base from Palm Beach to the Keys are you telling me the loyal Marlin fans will somehow not come anymore because they need to drive another 15 minutes south to a new air conditioned state of the art domed stadium because they changed the name to Miami Marlins?? common now... Plus they are making that whole area into a kind of COCOWALK if you have ever been there..
I am just saying what the Broward and Palm Beach newspapers said, and what everyone I've seen/talked to about feel. It's more of an alienation and more the way the entire thing went down. If the City of Miami is going to buy the team, they can attend it type of thing. A lot of the reasons these people live in Broward and Palm Beach is because they don't want to live in Miami, and having the stadium in the core of Miami is rather unappealing to them. It's older-timers that still enjoy tailgating at
the stadium. Having to park miles away in some parking garage and being shuttled over is not something they want to do.
I fully understand the need for a stadium though. Even if the Red Sox played in a football stadium, their stands would look empty too.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/3266716
I am just saying what the Broward and Palm Beach newspapers said, and what everyone I've seen/talked to about feel. It's more of an alienation and more the way the entire thing went down. If the City of Miami is going to buy the team, they can attend it type of thing. A lot of the reasons these people live in Broward and Palm Beach is because they don't want to live in Miami, and having the stadium in the core of Miami is rather unappealing to them. It's older-timers that still enjoy tailgating at
the stadium. Having to park miles away in some parking garage and being shuttled over is not something they want to do.
I fully understand the need for a stadium though. Even if the Red Sox played in a football stadium, their stands would look empty too.
You know, I've thought about this alot in my daydreams of being a professional sports owner. And well, I just don't. Understand the draw to the downtown baseball stadium. I'm much more a fan of the surburban stadium. I absolutely hate trying to go downtown to go to Minute Made Park. If you want to get there early you have to deal with all the rushhour parking. Most of the lots are full of the people who work down town. Never mind trying to find a parking spot. You have to wade your way through bums.
Then to leave you've got to walk through a high crime area of town back to your car. You can't get back to your car without 2 or 3 guys making passes at you for money or worse...
I can understand a stadiums like Boston where they built the thing in the 20's and there really wasn't the urban sprawl like today.
But if I go to the Ballpark in Arlington. They've got parking surrounding the stadium. It is simple. One price, I never get hit up by bums. I can park alot closer. It is easy to get on and off the free way. There are multiple ways to arrive and leave, I can literally from closing the door on my car, to getting on the freeway going 70 in 10 minutes. It is really easy.

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3266748
You know, I've thought about this alot in my daydreams of being a professional sports owner. And well, I just don't. Understand the draw to the downtown baseball stadium. I'm much more a fan of the surburban stadium. I absolutely hate trying to go downtown to go to Minute Made Park. If you want to get there early you have to deal with all the rushhour parking. Most of the lots are full of the people who work down town. Never mind trying to find a parking spot. You have to wade your way through bums.
Then to leave you've got to walk through a high crime area of town back to your car. You can't get back to your car without 2 or 3 guys making passes at you for money or worse...
I can understand a stadiums like Boston where they built the thing in the 20's and there really wasn't the urban sprawl like today.
But if I go to the Ballpark in Arlington. They've got parking surrounding the stadium. It is simple. One price, I never get hit up by bums. I can park alot closer. It is easy to get on and off the free way. There are multiple ways to arrive and leave, I can literally from closing the door on my car, to getting on the freeway going 70 in 10 minutes. It is really easy.
I agree, the Suns and D-Backs play downtown Phoenix which can be a nightmare, particularly going to an evening weekday game when you are battling work traffic too. Cardinals and Coyotes play in Glendale, I.E. the suburbs, and getting in and out is quite easy. NFL games are always tough just due to the numbers, but much better being in Glendale.
When I lived in Seattle, going to Mariner games on weekdays in downtown Seattle was always a mess.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/3266760
I agree, the Suns and D-Backs play downtown Phoenix which can be a nightmare, particularly going to an evening weekday game when you are battling work traffic too. Cardinals and Coyotes play in Glendale, I.E. the suburbs, and getting in and out is quite easy. NFL games are always tough just due to the numbers, but much better being in Glendale.
When I lived in Seattle, going to Mariner games on weekdays in downtown Seattle was always a mess.
Once they finish the construction getting in and out of the Cowboys stadium should be really easy. With Six's flags crowds, and 50k plus at rangers games. It is the close to the 80 at a cowboys game.