Tear down for fish removal

tur4k

I recently had to tear down my tank to catch a Bristletailed Filefish that was eating my coral. I thought I'd post a few pics. Everything is back in the tank and seems to have survived the ordeal.
Before:

After:

meowzer

I feel your pain....LOL....just had to do the same with my 54G
and once before had to tear apart the 225G.....NEVER AGAIN!!!
Is all the stuff back in?

tur4k

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowzer http:///t/387869/tear-down-for-fish-removal#post_3416079
I feel your pain....LOL....just had to do the same with my 54G
and once before had to tear apart the 225G.....NEVER AGAIN!!!
Is all the stuff back in?
Yeah. It's back in. Not quite how it was before. The right half is pretty close to the same, but the left half is a little different. I'll take some pic's once everything settles down and recovers from the filefish mauling.

tur4k

A medium sized rock that one of my Alveopora's was on fell today. I guess I didn't put everything back together as well as I thought. The Alveopora ended up on top of my Hammer coral. I reattached the Alveopora to the rock and put the rock back. The polyps on the Alveopora did come out afterwords, but weren't extended as far as they usually are. There's no bleaching yet. I've had a very healthy Alve die before after falling into the sand. I hope this one is OK.

kiefers

I just hate that.... you get your aquascaping the way you like it and then you have to break it down..... and then you can't get it back to the way it looked before. Sorry....But hey, you have all weekend to "GIT R DONE".....

tur4k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiefers http:///t/387869/tear-down-for-fish-removal#post_3417470
I just hate that.... you get your aquascaping the way you like it and then you have to break it down..... and then you can't get it back to the way it looked before. Sorry....But hey, you have all weekend to "GIT R DONE".....
Yeah. I had to do a partial tear down of the left side once before to catch a mantis. I could see it's eye stalks peeking out of a rock at me. I managed to get him out, but I was never able to get the aquascaping back to how it was.