tek elite fixture

nycbob

does anyone hv one yet? any info on it? i searched the web, but very few details on it. my nova pro is showing its age after 3 years, and i think i just might get this fixture (6x54w) for $580 with bulbs.

btldreef

Originally Posted by nycbob
http:///forum/post/3245273
anyone has one yet? any info from anyone? i searched the web, but very few details on it. my nova pro is showing its age after 3 years, and i think i just might get this fixture (6x54w) for $580 with bulbs.
I'm fairly certain there's some people on Manhattan Reefs that love this fixture. Might want to do a search on that forum.

nycbob

not much info from manhattanreef. anyway, i am also looking at the ati powermodule 4x54w. some people said 4 bulbs on this fixture is better than 6 bulbs from nova pro or tek, can anyone confirm this? since my 72 bowfront is 13 inches in width, the tek elite (15.75 inch width) could be wide for my liking. also, does the pwoermodule come with legs an an option? i dont want to hang this fixture.

wangotango

If you can get a Powermodule, then get a Powermodule. Better design all around, and yes you will get more out of it than the TEK or NOVA.
I think reefraff has some tests to back that up. Hopefully he stops by...

reefraff

From what I understand the new Tek is using the Workhorse ballasts. That removes them from my to buy list (going LED anyways) but I would look at the ATI Sunpower. If the price is close I would jump on the ATI instead. Great Reflectors, real T5 ballasts and looks nice.

nycbob

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/3247117
From what I understand the new Tek is using the Workhorse ballasts. That removes them from my to buy list (going LED anyways) but I would look at the ATI Sunpower. If the price is close I would jump on the ATI instead. Great Reflectors, real T5 ballasts and looks nice.
i dont know much about electronic stuff. is workhorse ballast not good? love to get an ati but dont know how to get fixture to hang on tank.

reefraff

Workhorse ballasts don't meet a couple of the criteria T5 lamps are designed to work with ballast wise.
As far as hanging them Current makes hanging brackets that attach to the back of the stand and have poles that arc over the tank. Those should work.

nycbob

i dont want to spend $95 on the hanging bracket from current usa if the ati sunpower module isnt compatibale with it. does anyone if its compatiable for sure?

spanko

Originally Posted by nycbob
does anyone hv one yet? any info on it? i searched the web, but very few details on it. my nova pro is showing its age after 3 years, and i think i just might get this fixture (6x54w) for $580 with bulbs
I don't know but where I look at them they say the bulbs are not included.

nycbob

at reefgeek, it has one with and one without bulbs. the one without is actually $470. as for the ati sunpower, if i do decide to get it, i am most likely gonna use toggle bolts to hang the fixture. does anyone know how much this fixture weight?

reefraff

The sunpower is fairly light. It would be about the same as the Tek (standard model) but I have no clue what the exact poundage is.

nycbob

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/3248443
The sunpower is fairly light. It would be about the same as the Tek (standard model) but I have no clue what the exact poundage is.
really? the reason i asked is bc reefgeek charges a heavy weight fee for the ati sunpower, but not the tek.