telephone scam

pontius

this is just FYI.
Last night at about 10:30pm, my mother, 2 of her friends, and myself all got an automated phone call. the message said, "your Citibank card has been put on hold because we believe someone has accessed your card without authorization. Press 1 now to be transferred to our security department".
now, I immediately knew it was a scam because I don't even have a Citibank card. I would guess that either pressing 1 would've allowed these scammers to get my info or either I would've been transferred to someone who would want to "verify" my info.
This scam is most likely aimed at old people who would unwittingly give up their info over the phone.
just beware. I thought this may have been Ruaround or Crimzy playing a joke, but I doubt it.

el guapo

Originally Posted by Pontius
http:///forum/post/3004633
this is just FYI.
Last night at about 10:30pm, my mother, 2 of her friends, and myself all got an automated phone call. the message said, "your Citibank card has been put on hold because we believe someone has accessed your card without authorization. Press 1 now to be transferred to our security department".
now, I immediately knew it was a scam because I don't even have a Citibank card. I would guess that either pressing 1 would've allowed these scammers to get my info or either I would've been transferred to someone who would want to "verify" my info.
This scam is most likely aimed at old people who would unwittingly give up their info over the phone.
just beware. I thought this may have been Ruaround or Crimzy playing a joke, but I doubt it.

Usually a booty call is around 2 am when the bar closes .

reefraff

Originally Posted by Pontius
http:///forum/post/3004633
this is just FYI.
I got one today but they didn't mention the card by name. It was for a lower interest rate. I didn't have time today but last time they did it I pushed one and tied up their operator for a good 20 to 25 minutes before telling them they needed to go to work for an ethical company.