Temporary relief for toothache

meowzer

How old are you? LOL....WHen I was young my grandfather use to put whiskey on a q-tip and hold it on it YUCK!!!!
have you tried advil? or even ice? numbing it could help

2quills

I had a busted tooth once and my wisdome tooth was growing in pushing on the broken tooth...was the worst pain I ever felt in my entire life...I thought I was going to die. 4 childrens asprin and 2 motrins helped untill I got it pulled. That's the only thing that made it tollerable when nothing else would.
P.S. this was what the lady at the emergancy room told me to do lol...that's how much pain I was in.

2quills

Ambisol only worked on me for a couple of days...after that nothing else would untill I tried the above while waiting to see the orthopedic surgeon. And once I did get in to see him he told me never never use ambisol or it's counterparts...I forget why but he said you do more harm than good.

flower

Originally Posted by 2Quills
http:///forum/post/3284527
Ambisol only worked on me for a couple of days...after that nothing else would untill I tried the above while waiting to see the orthopedic surgeon. And once I did get in to see him he told me never never use ambisol or it's counterparts...I forget why but he said you do more harm than good.

When you don't feel pain you hold off getting proper care. You should have seen a dentist for emergency care the very next day..But you held off for days until it was unbearable. Motrin and aspirin is great for inflammation and swelling.

meowzer

Well oragel would work too.....do you have any? Or any ambesol? I don't keep any of that stuff anymore....not since I have no teething babies anyways.....

2quills

Originally Posted by Flower
http:///forum/post/3284529

When you don't feel pain you hold off getting proper care. You should have seen a dentist for emergency care the very next day..But you held off for days until it was unbearable. Motrin and aspirin is great for inflammation and swelling.
I know...I had put it off for a while and when it did start getting uncomfortable I went to the dentist and she told me I would have to see the orthopedist...but we lived in the country at the time and the soonest they could get me in was like 4 days...so I waited. But it ended up getting so bad after the second night of waiting I was going to have my wife take me to emergency because I was litterally on the floor crying like a baby...but she called instead and that's what they had told her to give me. They next day we called the orthopedist and said there was no way to wait and they agreed to get me in that day. Thank Gawd!
Oh...I remember now. He said that too much of that ambisol stuff can actually cause nerve damaged if I'm not mistakin. But when you're in a pinch..you do what you gotta do.

flower

Originally Posted by 2Quills
http:///forum/post/3284532
I know...I had put it off for a while and when it did start getting uncomfortable I went to the dentist and she told me I would have to see the orthopedist...but we lived in the country at the time and the soonest they could get me in was like 4 days...so I waited. But it ended up getting so bad after the second night of waiting I was going to have my wife take me to emergency because I was litterally on the floor crying like a baby...but she called instead and that's what they had told her to give me. They next day we called the orthopedist and said there was no way to wait and they agreed to get me in that day. Thank Gawd!
Oh...I remember now. He said that too much of that ambisol stuff can actually cause nerve damaged if I'm not mistakin. But when you're in a pinch..you do what you gotta do.

Toothaches are brutal....Oralgel or whatever it is they put on baby gums when they teeth may be the better choice then.

oceankid

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3284522
How old are you? LOL....WHen I was young my grandfather use to put whiskey on a q-tip and hold it on it YUCK!!!!
have you tried advil? or even ice? numbing it could help
He's 19, someone told me to put a perfume! LOL that's ridiculous, it can be poisonous! Ice? We tried it but it seems nothing happened :(

scott t

I work for a Dentist, and of the things that people are suggesting will relieve the Pain for a little bit, but will not take the pain away. Your best bet is to get them into see a Dentist. Pain can be the first sign of an infection, which is why you should get them to the Dentist. An infected tooth can be dangerous. If you can not get them to the dentist get them into their PCP or go to the local emergency room, especially if they are swollen or the have a bad or metalic taste in their mouth. If a tooth is infected it can cause your system to go septic and that is not good. Do not put off going to the dentist,, Hope this Helps!