Texas..chainsaw...masicre!!

mr. tuna

who saw the texas chainsaw massaicre?
Since it was based on a true story..
Did they catch the murderer?
I have heard they didnt, and that they did..:confused:

D

daniel411

It was "loosely" based on a true person not a story to my knowledge. Some guy in WI? who lived out in the woods. He made dishes out of skulls, clothes out of skin, and other icky stuff. Can't recall his name off the top of my head. He was caught.

blueberryboomer

I saw them both, the original and the remake, I think the first one was better, freakyer. The remake was good. And yes it was based on a true event. They never caught leatherface. Lisa

reef_magic

that movie (new version) scared the crap outa me! i was on my seat when she was in the meat locker! i was so nervous:eek:
i really get into movies.....and remember the part when she firsts runs into the slughterhouse, and he jumps down the railing or whatever it is.....i think i let out a screech at that part lol:scared:

moto757

i love scary movies that one was pretty good. someone told me the black and white clips was part of the real tape. The part at the end where leatherface jumps out and gets the sheriff i dunno though anyone else ??

D

daniel411

Nope, it wasn't based on a true story. It was just very loosely based on a real person, a monster named Ed Gein. As was the movie Psycho based on him. He was a monster though who wore human skin (mostly woman) as clothes, made furniture/dishes/etc out of human bones, and other unspeakable things. He WAS caught.

jferrier

He was more like the serial killler in silence of the lambs. The chainsaw was added to make it a scarier movie. Of course growing up in Texas it totally scared me as a child.

blackomne

Originally posted by jferrier
He was more like the serial killler in silence of the lambs. The chainsaw was added to make it a scarier movie. Of course growing up in Texas it totally scared me as a child.

Really because Hannibal is actually based not on one serial killer but several. The author wanted Hannibal to be unlike other serial killers in that he is technically sane. He has developed a form of logic that allows him to logically do the things he does. Except for the fact it is immoral, hence the reason he is a sociopath. The unique part is that as a sociopath he knows he is doing wrong. Sociopaths normally don't.

saltfisher

The new one was great.! The old one was dark and the wasnt that good to me. I didnt even finish watching it all. They say that the clips that are shown in the new movie are actual clips that were taken when looking through the real house. Leatherface ended up escaping after killing the cop and camera man. He has never been caught. I'm sure he's dead now of age. :notsure:

jokerswild

Originally posted by Daniel411
Nope, it wasn't based on a true story. It was just very loosely based on a real person, a monster named Ed Gein. As was the movie Psycho based on him. He was a monster though who wore human skin (mostly woman) as clothes, made furniture/dishes/etc out of human bones, and other unspeakable things. He WAS
caught.

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

jokerswild

Originally posted by SaltFisher
The new one was great.! The old one was dark and the wasnt that good to me. I didnt even finish watching it all. They say that the clips that are shown in the new movie are actual clips that were taken when looking through the real house. Leatherface ended up escaping after killing the cop and camera man. He has never been caught. I'm sure he's dead now of age. :notsure:

:nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope: :nope:

sammystingray

:eek:hahehe.....I met the original leatherface actor when he was in the area signing autographs. He wasn't that interesting of a guy really.:rolleyes: He wasn't an %$# or anything, just not very interesting to talk to. Nice guy without much personality really....I talked with him for about 20 minutes, and I don't remember anything he said. Btw, my name is actually Greg, Sammy isn't my real name.:D :D
Still cool leather face says I'm next!!!:eek:

sammystingray

That's definately Ed Gein......he may have been one of the most messed up humans to ever walk the planet. Psycho was definately made after Gein too, and wasn't it only a few years after all that? TCM was loosely based on the events, but the story is 100% made up, and I have seen that in writing online from the movies authors themselves.