Texas Fryer

doxboi

Hay does anyone know where I can one of these? They are supposedly only available in Texas and Mexico. Her is a description.
Texas WOK to be used with the la Fogata Deluxe Fire Pit. Make Texas stir fry, chili, or whip up some bacon and eggs in this Texas WOK
that mounts directly into your La Fogata Fire Pit with no additional accessories.
22 1/2" Diameter, 14" Tall
24 lbs

nw2sltfsh

Would a paella pan do what you need? In most cases these pans are made from carbon steel and much more heat resistant that alot of other cooking surfaces and are intended for us over an open flame.
The Best place I have found for these (short of asking my brother to send on direct from Spain) is through
kitchenemporium.com
Sorry if this doesnt meet your needs

jal1639

(Read in a TX accent) Being from TX, I've seen um, even made wun.
We used a disc from a plow, welded up the center hole. We did not use ours over a "camp" fire but used a butane stand that a fish fryer would sit on.

pwnag3!!

are you really from texas or just an ignorant jag?
dox ole buddy,
are you trying to buy one online or just in state?

bradttu

JAL1639 is an idiot. :rolleyes:
Pretty much everyone in texas that likes cooking has one...and they didn't buy it. You can easily make one from a plow wheel and a propane tank. I don't know how much they are if you buy them, but you can make one for less than 50 bucks.
<

[hr]
has lived in Texas his entire life.

doxboi

Buy one anywhere would be ok. I would figure making one would mean welding and well, I am not that good at doing that. Also yes I would be using it over an open pit. I like the one I displayed rather than a regular WOK because it has legs and it is durable. I have eaten food off of one and it was great!! paella pans are not bowl shaped like the texas fryer. I like the WOK shape for its style of cooking and the way it cooks meat in it, plus all other foods I can cook in it.

jal1639

WOW an idiot.
<

[hr]
Spent all his life in Texas, too. All but the past 8 months.
Most of the ones I have seen are made from old plow discs. If you know someone who can weld, you can get one cheap!! And it is A LOT easier to use a LP burner!!