The Aquarium is falling apart!!

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by m0nk
http:///forum/post/2735405
Personally, I think that's a tad far, since most people who post quite a bit do like something to read/do when there's a lull in the regular "traffic", but the topics that have come up lately are a bit tired. Especially the constant "obama this / obama that" threads.

I always said that there should be a SUB thread in the aquarium titled "politics" but I think the Mods/Admin might have thought that that was a bit too much.

el guapo

Originally Posted by crimzy
http:///forum/post/2735276
This part of the forum has lost a lot of its entertainment value. Cowfishrule is an unusual dude, but at least he was original. Now the threads are just cheap satire.... it's like watching a bad version of Scary Movie over and over again. Inasmuch as CFR is moderately entertaining, now we just have a bunch of poor-man's CFR's taking up unnecessary space in the Aquarium. And some people wonder why Aquarium posts aren't included in our post count. I understand completely.
Discuss...

You need to relax a bit . I realize that all but impossible for you to do . But seriously try loosening up a tad . You'll live longer . While I do agree that there are a LOT of stupid threads in the aquarium . You as a free THINKING adult have the ability to skim past them . You can usually tell by the title whats in the thread and you can tell the amount of seriousness the thread will hold by who started it .
In all honesty we could say the same about threads you start too. We could pretty much say it about the threads anybody starts . They have all be done before . Honestly what makes your KIDS PICS or your Home Project threads better than a bacon thread ? Nothing really . . . You want to share pictures of your kids and CFR wants to share some of his lowbrow bacon humor. I get just as tired of seeing threads that are too serious as I do of those that are flat out silly and pointless . If there are those of us that make you cringe when you see our posts than use the ignore function it will save you stress and a heart attack .
Lifes too short to walk around ready to snap over the small things . After all this place is for ENTERTAINMENT .
Originally Posted by m0nk

http:///forum/post/2735405
Personally, I think that's a tad far, since most people who post quite a bit do like something to read/do when there's a lull in the regular "traffic", but the topics that have come up lately are a bit tired. Especially the constant "obama this / obama that" threads.

I agree with this I used to enjoy reading and debating(fighting) in these threads . Its a way to pass time . I think we can all agree that nobody's going to be changing their minds on their political views based on conversations held in the aquarium .There is a point where you just have to back out of these threads slowly and watch the fist fights from outside .
After all every thread starts out a bit different but goes right back into the same arguments of BLUE vs RED , GOOD vs EVIL ,RIGHT vs WRONG . There is never really anything that ground breaking posted in these . Just a new tag line to throw at the other political side to start up a debate that shifts gears and turns corners more than a Le Mans road race . So be it either jump in and enjoy or pass it by . But don't stop to look at whats going on then complain about it .
If your tired of political threads than IGNORE them . If its just the fact that your tired of hearing Obama being put down ? Then get over it . Its politics its the nature of the beast . Do you not think that G.W.Bush supporters are not just as tired of hearing him get bashed over and over ? Its politics you have to have tough skin and a brash attitude to survive . After all politics isn't so much about the canadits as it is about our own personal beliefs and its hard to let somebody tell us what we believe is wrong . We have what we believe is the best ideas to run this nation by and we will side with the person that is most like us . Even if he is a stammering staggering word-making up idiot like W (who I still to this day support).
Originally Posted by Jaymz
http:///forum/post/2735396
I agree with the slacking aquairum. But its all over the boards. This place has been slowing down more and more. So i see the silly threads as something to break the nothingness that has been happening.
Yesterday I left for 3 hours(~3pm-6pm) and when i got home there had been 2 posts outside of the aquarium. So if there wasnt someone posting junk threads i dont see much action happening at all.
The political threads just raise blood pressures and some people end up saying stupid things. I dont think anyone has changed there political views after reading and arguing here. So i feel they are just as useless as any other thread.
I agree there is not a lot going on in other areas . The aggressive forums have become a joke . Somebody that shall remain nameless and brainless turns every other thread into a fight about his tanks . He is allowed to continue to derail threads with ignorance and uneducated information . We can't have a legitimate discussion about any type of fish there anymore . Thus has led to a down fall in the activity in that forum . There are less than a handful of post made in that section anymore . Simply because it gets to be frustrating dealing with that day after day .

el guapo

The main forums are for the exchange of information . But the aquarium is more free and open . It's an exchange of ideas and thoughts . Because some thoughts are more random does not make them any less important than the serious( political ones . Granted there are threads that do get carried away . The sexual undertones , talking about human biological functions and the fact that PIMB is allowed to be used as a poll option are a little too far . I admit the bacon thing is old , as is the <3 thing . But all in all CFR manages to stir some activity and keeps people guessing .What will that crazy fool do next ? Anybody that says they pass over These posts/threads is just full of detritus. Its like a car crash you can't help but slow down and look . I say go for it . But also be sure to let the mods know when something is going too far so it can be handled . But use some common sence when you do . The mods are hear to enjoy it too not just run around wiping noses.
So I just have this last bit to say before the poo starts flying my way again .
Journeyman rock on with your bad self keep those political threads going keep Streb, Jmick, Rylan and all the other political nut cases wound up and talking .
CFR keep making stupid threads that make people crave bacon. Just loose the PIMB thing and keep the <3 to a minimum .
Crimzy keep posting pictures of your kids and talking about that sad excuse of a human being your city calls a mayor .
Because it might not be what the rest of us are interested in but it is what you want to talk about . So use the freedom of this great nation speak you mind and enjoy the fact that we live in a nation where people can come to a public forum and talk about things that are on their mind .
GOD BLESS THE U S A .
San Dusky high school football RULES !

110innc

This topic is the whole reason I want to know where nano reefer is. He always had something good to say.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by EL GUAPO
http:///forum/post/2735527
I agree there is not a lot going on in other areas . The aggressive forums have become a joke . Somebody that shall remain nameless and brainless turns every other thread into a fight about his tanks . He is allowed to continue to derail threads with ignorance and uneducated information . We can't have a legitimate discussion about any type of fish there anymore . Thus has led to a down fall in the activity in that forum . There are less than a handful of post made in that section anymore . Simply because it gets to be frustrating dealing with that day after day .
Aggressive forums are always slow, even on larger sites they are slow. And involve, the same Can I keep 18 angels in a 200 gallon or something.

crimzy

Originally Posted by EL GUAPO
http:///forum/post/2735527
You need to relax a bit . I realize that all but impossible for you to do . But seriously try loosening up a tad . You'll live longer . While I do agree that there are a LOT of stupid threads in the aquarium . You as a free THINKING adult have the ability to skim past them . You can usually tell by the title whats in the thread and you can tell the amount of seriousness the thread will hold by who started it .
In all honesty we could say the same about threads you start too. We could pretty much say it about the threads anybody starts . They have all be done before . Honestly what makes your KIDS PICS or your Home Project threads better than a bacon thread ? Nothing really . . . You want to share pictures of your kids and CFR wants to share some of his lowbrow bacon humor. I get just as tired of seeing threads that are too serious as I do of those that are flat out silly and pointless . If there are those of us that make you cringe when you see our posts than use the ignore function it will save you stress and a heart attack .
Lifes too short to walk around ready to snap over the small things . After all this place is for ENTERTAINMENT .

Are you sad because I called you cheap satire?
There's one thing I forgot to add to my original post...

It's not that I have an issue with off the wall, left field threads. You're just not funny... leave that stuff to CFR and the others.

110innc

If I see another <3 I going to go crazy.

PS the only reason I want to know where nano reefer is is because I want to see the avatar collage.

el guapo

Originally Posted by crimzy
http:///forum/post/2735585
Are you sad because I called you cheap satire?
There's one thing I forgot to add to my original post...

It's not that I have an issue with off the wall, left field threads. You're just not funny... leave that stuff to CFR and the others.

OH your gonna make me sad . . .
I am as sure you find me as funny as I find you witty .
For gods sake you ripped off the geico caveman SCOREBOARD line . YOur ability to be funny goes as far as the latest comedy show or what ever comercial they show between beer adds during a sporting event .

el guapo

Originally Posted by 110inNC
http:///forum/post/2735590
If I see another <3 I going to go crazy.

PS the only reason I want to know where nano reefer is is because I want to see the avatar collage.
The odds of your Collage happening are slim and none .

stdreb27

The Rubendaumus thinks that this thread might be the black hole for the aquarium that sucks it into the history of swf.com

miaheatlvr

I think this thread should be LOCKED! People have stated their opinions, and how they feel about other members as well. People have bared their "souls". All I can foresee is a continuation of judging of contents of characters of other members and personal swipes.

A

alexmir

I would think that if they closed the aquarium, then ALOT of people on here wouldnt come back. Could be good, could be bad
I do agree that i do not find the aquarium as charming as i used to, but theres lots of other thread on here for me to enjoy.