the beginning

scubataibi

i just got fully-cured tonga lr from my lfs!! my tank is set up and will be inhabiteed by next week, thanx for the help
:D

T

tuningvis

wont cured LR start another cycle ?!?!?
tonga is nice rock BTW :)

scubataibi

yah, its cool, i was supposed to get figi precured, but they suprised me :D the lr is cycling the tank, tuesday (5/17/05) il be able to get first inhabitance, im probably goin 2 put in a black percula, smalll gobie/blennie, cleaner shrimp. the tank looks great, lots of holes and hidin spots, send pics as soon as i figure out how

bigarn

Are you checking the water parameters now? Don't add any critters until you know the tank is cycled and ammonia and nitrites are at 0. :D

bigarn

Originally Posted by scubataibi
yah, evrything should be good by tuesday, if not ill wait a liitle longer
I think you'll find Patience
is the key to this hobby. Good Luck :D

scubataibi

i only bringing this up to say that...
I GOT A FISH TODAY!!!!! :D
its a beautiful small blue mandarin, i got him a nice cup of seamonkeys, i mean brine shrimp, to eat, hes still in shock and not moving much, but he's breathin, and hes really colorful

scubataibi

in two weeeks ill get a clown and a cleaner shrimp, hes doin some final cycling for my tank. anyone have ideas for names?

scubataibi

well, i figured out a name, moses the seamonkey slayer, moses means saved by water, :help: when should i feed him?last night he was swimmin around fins out and everythin, are mandarins nocturnal?

nemo lover

One of the first lessons in sw is to research fish before you buy them. You should make sure you have an ideal habitat for them to live in. please note IMO mandarin are very very hard to care for, especially if you dont have 100lbs of esablished l/r or more. Mandarins eat copepods you will not have enough of these scavangers in a newly cycled tank.
I encourage you to read, read, and read before you purchase any more fish.

scubataibi

i already did my studyin on mandarins, i know they eat pods but as of right now im feedin him artemia, or to go along w/ his name, seamonkeys, if it takes a while for a natural process to take place, there is this company that sells bottled copepods, ad he can eat that, what i want to know is when should i put in some seamonkeys? is it when hes up and active?