The Dog Den

oceansidefish

So besides our aquariums alot of us have dogs. So I am figuring that a thread about our other babies is warranted. I want this thread to be a question and answer just like the rest of the forum.

oceansidefish

Dinovite is a vitamine supplement for you dog that is supposed to help with desgestion and possibly itching and coat....I am thinking about putting my dog on it. Comes with a 90 day moneyback gaurantee. For my dog it wont be cheap, but if it works might be worth it.
I don't want a thread necessarily of everyones dog, although a pic in a post would be ok. I want a thread more about behavior diet and such. Not just a photoalbum of pooches.

tank a holic

i take my chocolate lab to the beach with me every year (she's one heck of a body surfer)

one year she got terrible dry skin and she was itchy
i got some stuff called Smart Bites fur and coat something or other
it worked wonders on her coat but man o man did she get gas

petjunkie

For skin and digestion you can try some cheaper stuff first like fish oil tablets and yogurt first if you haven't yet. Thankfully my two don't have much issues as long as they don't eat any really cheap treats full of crap, then they get sick. My male had flaky course fur when I got him but that seems to have cleared up so I'm blaming shelter food. He had bad gas straight outta the shelter too, thank you Pedigree.

He likes the fish tanks

oceansidefish

We started Lucy on the Fish Oil/Omega 3 vitamins. It has certainly seemed to help with the itching...Also give her beef jerky type treats with Omega 3. Since she is a very large dog we have also been giving her a Glucosamine.Chondroiten (sp?) supplement

oceansidefish

Originally Posted by petjunkie
http:///forum/post/2956793
For skin and digestion you can try some cheaper stuff first like fish oil tablets and yogurt first if you haven't yet. Thankfully my two don't have much issues as long as they don't eat any really cheap treats full of crap, then they get sick. My male had flaky course fur when I got him but that seems to have cleared up so I'm blaming shelter food. He had bad gas straight outta the shelter too, thank you Pedigree.

He likes the fish tanks

Thats cute pic. I will have to get one of Lucy standing next to my 120g. She makes it look like a 40g.....

gmann1139

Originally Posted by Oceansidefish
http:///forum/post/2957051
We started Lucy on the Fish Oil/Omega 3 vitamins. It has certainly seemed to help with the itching...Also give her beef jerky type treats with Omega 3. Since she is a very large dog we have also been giving her a Glucosamine.Chondroiten (sp?) supplement
+1 to all for big dogs.
Anyone used that Pedipaw thing? I've gotten several good reviews, but my Husky is a bit of a whiner, and I don't want to spend $20 on something I'm not going to use.

oceansidefish

Originally Posted by gmann1139
http:///forum/post/2957147
+1 to all for big dogs.
Anyone used that Pedipaw thing? I've gotten several good reviews, but my Husky is a bit of a whiner, and I don't want to spend $20 on something I'm not going to use.
I have heard mixed reviews...Good ones online but my friend who is a dog walker/sitter said it was crappy. I LOVE big dogs. I would not have it any other way. Lucy is 116 pounds of pure laziness. Lucy's nails are so thick though I just take her to the groomers and they dremmel them.

tank a holic

i just use a regular pair of clippers on fudge (my lab)
she whined the first time or two but she's used to it now
i dont have to trim her nails too often, she runs so much playin fetch with me that she keeps them worn down

al mc

Originally Posted by Oceansidefish
http:///forum/post/2957570
Nobody has used the Dinovite yet though....I may have to try it out on my own
I went to their website and tried to find a list of ingredients...and could not.
It appears to have fatty acids, zinc, antioxidants and lactobacillus/other microbes to help with digestion. All of these are in other products and stand alone products.
Do you have a complete list of ingredients?
Pedipaw? Most of my clients do not think it is worth the money....

oceansidefish

Originally Posted by Al Mc
http:///forum/post/2958554
I went to their website and tried to find a list of ingredients...and could not.
It appears to have fatty acids, zinc, antioxidants and lactobacillus/other microbes to help with digestion. All of these are in other products and stand alone products.
Do you have a complete list of ingredients?
Pedipaw? Most of my clients do not think it is worth the money....
I do not since I have not ordered it yet....I may ask my vet first.

oceansidefish

It is VERY pricy...Although no so bad for smaller dogs. In my dog it would be around 100 month for the recommended dose. I would probably give her about half though.

keri

+1 on the dremel, it has more "guts"
still, dogs who don't like their feet touched won't love it, same as the clippers. Be careful when using as it makes their nails HOT if you put it on for any length of time (friction) and don't get the dust in your eye!