The Eclipse 3

uahawkfish

This hobby is so addictive, I love it.
Having the 75 FOWLR in the other room, I find myself wanting to also do a 2.5 or an eclipse 3 nano right here next to the computer monitor on my desk! Is this crazy, should I just be brave enough to upgrade to corals in the one, or does anyone have a small nano elsewhere.
I was curious to see if you had trouble deciding which to stare at, lol, as in if one detracts from the other. ANyway, I think nanos are great ideas, whether I do one or not. Just wondering who shared my "torment"?

uahawkfish

And if anyone does enjoy a small nano on their desk or elsewhere, please share your setups and what corals/inverts/fish y'all enjoy! THANKS.

reefnut

Well I'm new to the nano world myself but we just set-up a Eclipse System 6. It's a six gallon with about 8-10 lbs of LR and 10 lbs of LS. We looked at the 3 but went with the six because of the available space for the lighting. A 32w PC retro fit lighting kit is about perfect IMO for the ES6. A fan is required because of heat produced by the PC.
I plan to keep a variety of soft corals, cleaner shrimp, snails & crabs.
It will be in the bedroom. I think falling asleep to the sounds of running water would be nice :) .
BTW, make sure you reed the "Nano Police" post.

uahawkfish

Oh I understand, I mean no offense, I respect the skill and patience smaller nano tanks require, and of course agree that putting ANY fish in something small is wrong. I meant just a hi ouput light and 1-3 small corals that would just swish back and forth in the current. . . .very soothing!
Good luck with your ES6, it sounds great!

reefnut

I know you meant no offense :) . Just wanted to point out that thread because of the good information it contains.
Good luck,

leigh

hey, i just remembered, also for what you're looking for you may want to look into another system that's out there. ooh...just found the thread with it in it...go to the thread entitled: "2.5 Can it be Done?" and look at the tank pictured by plhsurfer

uahawkfish

After thought, I think I will just upgrade my lights on my 75 and get a much needed hood, maybe after that I can do the nano. Sigh . . .if only I have more funds, haha. WHen I do though, I will search it back and get ideas, Thanks for your offers though . . .such helpful people in these forums. Cool.