the feeding...

nissan577

so just to know what im feeding is good enough? or should i change it up a bit.
this is all mix in together:
-Brine shrimp
-squid
-clams
-bloodworms
-mysis
-octopus
-phytoplan (two little fishies)
-zooplan (two little fishies)
-Fuel (aquavitro)
-marine snow (two little fishies)
-baby brine shrimp (instant ocean)
any thing else i should add for the sps, lps, and fishies that i have????
for the tangs i do the algae sheets soak in garlic so thats all good i hope lol

meowzer

I use this...and the coral food 2-3x a week...look it up and read the ingredients..it has everything for everything...and I use algae sheets of course

nikesb

nissan, since you are in florida, i highly suggest you try roggers food. it doesnt breakup and leave particles everywhere in your tank. attach it to a clip and let the fishes nip at it. keeps them busy for 2-3 hours

kiefers

we feed the same, pretty much anyway. Not sure about the bloodworms tho, not typically a swf food is it?
We go the the asian store and cut everything up in small to large size pieces, why not scallops? We had that ans sometimes salmon chunks (small).
I feed my tank, now empty other than corals and 2 shrimp oyster feast and finely chopped mysid and brine. Turn off the sump and leave the powerheads on for around 10-15 min to ensure everyone gets to eat. Feed the sun coral and 2 brains via spot feed.
Do this 3 times a week at night.

1guydude

this is my newest (cubes though)....rinse it and net it, put in cup and turkey baster feed em...also pe mysis, oregon enriched brine, and some nori that i have yet to try...urs sounds great though. Is this fresh stuff nissan? Ive wanted to try that as well.... fresh food that is.

nissan577

i tried rons but the price for me was even a little too much. i get fresh stuff and also frozen stuff and so far the corals are digging it. since i feed it at night they open up sooo huge! :) and the fish like it. idk how they eat at night but i do see them swimming like crazy. let me see if i can do rons food.
mom-i tried the frozen food and i still do. i use them for when im too lazy to mix it all together. :)

nikesb

try roggers food. i prefer it over rods food after trying both.
the fish nip at roggers food and my corals get rods coral food once in awhile

1guydude

ya thats wat i got is the rods coral blend...honestly i dont think ive seen any roggers! Like rogger the rabbit ? LOL

kiefers

We feed mysis, and oyster feast, for fans and filter feeders we feed phyto feast. Looking into rotifers.

nissan577

many people have many options. lol but ive tried roggers and rods and both are good but idk why but my tank loves the one i give more