The Hiatt system

ci11337

Some type of new filtration method for reef tanks. I just found it and I'm still reading but it seems it's based on these red canisters with bacteria in them along with very low salinity. They claim you don't need a skimmer and can keep way higher bioloads. I doubt anyone on here is using the system but if you are please post. i'll see if i can post a link later. Just thought i'd share.

ci11337

*Link Removed*
In the menu on the bottom right scroll down to articles and go through those.

gatorwpb

hmmm, id be very skeptical about adding something like that to my tank. i cant find any information about it on -- either. must be brand new.

ifirefight

This is a quote from the article...these guys can barley put together a proper English paragraph....hopefully they are better at keeping fish.

With the Hiatt system the first thing we do is to find out the size of tank in gallon. Once we know the how many gallon of water need to be filter we then use a simple formula to determent how much pound of Tri base carbon is needed, that in turn tells us what size of filer and how many are required. It also give us the flow rate, which we can use it to find the right pump. Here is the formula to calculate howmuch pound of tri base carbon is needed.

aquaknight

Yea, the appalling grammar is enough to turn me off.
I can't believe someone actually selling a product, would be satisfied enough to publish those articles.