The New Grooming Bus

monsinour

Well, I leave tomorrow. That means that there will be several people here will be happy that I cant post for a few days. But I got a disposable phone that takes pics and has web access. I will do my best to update as I go. I do know that I have alot of pics to take so that the missus can state where we have to put in little things into the bus before I come back. This should be a good trip and I hope to have fun. I leave tomorrow at noon and dont plan on being back home until friday around midnight.

mylady

Yes, i got hubby a verizon no contract phone for the trip. Though he doesn't think he'll need it, I know I am going to want updates as to where he is, when he thinks he'll be home etc. Made sure to get a phone with web access and a camera so he should be able to post pictures so I can see how everything looks. It's amazing how far disposable phones have come! Color screen, camera, blue tooth accessible, web access, all for $14.88! Heck before I upgraded to my blackberry I had spent $35 for a basic phone with my mobile company and it had none of that. I got the cheapest phone I could get after accidentally boiling my really nice phone and not having insurance on it. So I'm looking forward to many updates and bugging him like crazy along the way. I'll do what he does to me. Hand the phone to one of the kids and walk away LOL. Do you know how hard it is to get a 4 year old to focus on the phone?

monsinour

I will be taking off for the airport in a few hours. Gonna miss talking with all you peeps for the next few days. Dont be harsh to the newbs and ignore that tang.

mylady

Well his flight was delayed, but that means he'll actually get to Atlanta earlier. Instead of going from Albany to Detroit to Baltimore to Atlanta he will fly directly from Detroit to Atlanta and get in 2 hours earlier than expected. Good thing I got him that phone! And he said he wouldn't need it. Without it he'd be stuck waiting 2 extra hours cuz I doubt a long distance call from a payphone in Detroit would have been cheap.

reefraff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLady http:///forum/thread/383945/the-new-grooming-bus/40#post_3363646
Well his flight was delayed, but that means he'll actually get to Atlanta earlier. Instead of going from Albany to Detroit to Baltimore to Atlanta he will fly directly from Detroit to Atlanta and get in 2 hours earlier than expected. Good thing I got him that phone! And he said he wouldn't need it. Without it he'd be stuck waiting 2 extra hours cuz I doubt a long distance call from a payphone in Detroit would have been cheap.
Some of those cheap airfares don't make much sense
I remember years ago having to go to factory training at an office just outside of Dallas/Fortworth airport. The company arranged for me to fly out on Sunday. Flew out of Phoenix Az to Seattle Washington then to Albuquerque. From Albuquerque I flew to Love field then took a shuttle to the Hotel by DFW. I could have driven and got there faster LOL!

S

smartorl

Haha, totally! My ex-husband was an airline pilot and I flew using the "buddy passes". You would totally die laughing if I told you some of the round about flights they have put me on! Once, leaving Orlando, stop, stop, stop, back to Orlando to fly to Seattle.

darthtang 2

Haha, totally! My ex-husband was an airline pilot and I flew using the "buddy passes". You would totally die laughing if I told you some of the round about flights they have put me on! Once, leaving Orlando, stop, stop, stop, back to Orlando to fly to Seattle.
If it weren't for stewardesses....no one would fly.......who wants to sit in an aitight cabin withsomeone that smells like old corn chips...
And that is after I shower.

S

smartorl

I usually get either the screaming child, the person that insists on talking tattoo because they either want one or have one the size of a quarter, or the man that falls asleep and ends up leaning on me, probably with drool, I try not too look too close.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartorl http:///forum/thread/383945/the-new-grooming-bus/40#post_3363682
I usually get either the screaming child, the person that insists on talking tattoo because they either want one or have one the size of a quarter, or the man that falls asleep and ends up leaning on me, probably with drool, I try not too look too close.
OMG...Once I took a bus trip from Virginia back to NY I was 15 years old...and this long haired guy (no offense to guys with long hair I was 15 LOL) kept falling asleep and leaning on me......I sat there the whole time thinking....WHAT DO I DO????? I was scared to move....
HAHA

S

smartorl

So I'm not the only one! It has happened to me several times. You hate to move and wake them up assuming they will be embarrassed.

monsinour

Well I made it here to Atlanta. I didnt hear either of the screaming babies on the flight from Detroit due to my MP3 player and awesome headphones. Heck, I couldnt even hear the engines of the plane. I didnt leave Albany until 1:15 and arrived at detroit at 3:00. Had to go all the way outside to have a few smokes. Then had to go back through security to get back into the airport. I was in line for that full body 'i see you neekid' scanner. I saw the example pictures of what the security officer sees and I can KINDA see how women would get offended, espically the muslim women who are always covered up. There was another sign that said if you wanted to refuse to be scanned, you would be subjected to a thourough pat down. Nothing like getting felt up at the airport. Right when it was my turn to go through that machine, they asked me to just go through the metal detector. So security is sorta lacking at Detroit metro. When I landed here in atlanta, we ended up sitting on the tarmac for about 35 minutes waiting to get to the gate. We were early, but that was a really bad 35 minutes for me. I needed the fresh air badly.
Went and saw the bus. There is alot of work that needs to be done in a day for me to drive back on friday. I am not counting on driving back on friday. I think I will be coming back on saturday. Theres alot of little things that need to be done and when they are done, I still wont see progress. There are only a few 'big' things that need to be done. I plan on working on the bus from 10 am til whenever i pass out tomorrow. We shall see what kind of progress I make. I am uploading a video for the missus to see. I think, once the work is done, she will like it. It is much more spacious.