The Orders In

Y

yae4volcom

I just ordered my tank and stuff and I cant wait until it gets here.
12 gallon Eclipse
50 watt heater
2 Rio Powerheads
50 gallon Instant Ocean mix
A net :D
It doesnt really seem like much yet but its just a start.
A little bit into the cycle Im going to add 20-25 lb Live rock
and 20 lb Southdown sand
During the cycle Im going to look into 2x32 watts PC's
I also might just take off the hood and add a hang on fuge and look into some other way of lighting it. Im still thinking.
Wish me luck :p

Y

yae4volcom

Well I ordered 2nd day but then the people called and told my mom shipping was 90 dollars. HAHAHA anyway we changed it to regular class and so it should be comming near the end of the week or the beggining of next. I cant wait. I was also om another board and found a perfect retrofit for the eclipse 12. WOOHOO. I almost didnt go with this tank because of that.
Im excited.
I was wondering how many fish I could put in a 12.
I wanted a True Perc clown, a red firefish, and maybe a bangaii
with 2 hermit crabs and 10 snails

overanalyzer

Hey - why not add the LR to do your cycle??? I would also suggest a pair of clowns and maybe one other fish. IF you are doing a reef style nano then I'd suggest just a pair of clowns or a pair of firefish to keep your bioload down. I have a pair of percs and a clown goby in my 20 and some snails and crabs and a cleaner shrimp.

Y

yae4volcom

Does the LR speed up the cycle? Wont the animals and things die off if I add it when the Amonia is really high?

overanalyzer

I have used LR to cycle all of my tanks. You will have some die off but it will grow back! I prefer using the LR to cycle the tank over a living animal .... that or use a piece of raw shrimp to cycle thetank then add the LR once you ammonia and nitrItes have gone down ....

Y

yae4volcom

Well after bugging my mom enough she decided to let me order the CSL Supernova 32 watt PC. I know it is not alot but I was talking to a guy on another board and he said his tank did pretty well with these lights. Its a retrofit and fits directly into the hood with no problem. I cant wait.

overanalyzer

I only had 26 watts over my old 5 gallon tank .... it had nice light and I kept a candy cane and several shrooms and such in it!!! Would not try high light corals though

jeo

I would put either a clown and firefish or cardinal and firefish in it. 12 gallons is not a lot of water! And LR during the cycle is fine, anything that survived the shipping process will live through a cycle.

reeferdude

Well 12 isnt a lot but I have a small clown (1 inch) and a small blue tang (3/4 of an inch) and they do fine in my six.

Reeferdude, is the blue tang you said you have a regal blue tang? I dont want to get on your back, but why is he in a 6 gallon tank?

justinx

Originally posted by Reeferdude
Well 12 isnt a lot but I have a small clown (1 inch) and a small blue tang (3/4 of an inch) and they do fine in my six.

They wont for long . . . . . :(

justinx

Gotcha . . . . got any pics of a tang less than one inch? The smallest I have ever seen is about two inches. Thats pretty small.
Justin