The Rarest Tang?

yearofthenick

What is the rarest tang that you can find in the hobby? Not something that costs a couple grand like the clarion angel, but one that costs like $500 or something.

deejeff442

i have a fowleri tang.
he was $250 not as bright color as some tangs but he is still in qt .
i cant wait to see him under my 1100 watt lights in the dt.
i dont see then listed hardly anywhere.

kjr_trig

Horseshoe (Fowleri) would probably be my first choice....Though I think Sohal, Bariene, Achilles, White Spine, and Dussumier are just as nice.....Black Tang is rare, but not really my favorite. Gem Tang is the most expensive that I know of.

deejeff442

so true.
my purple just came down yesterday with some out of the blue.
my achilles gets a little from time to time .
it has always gone away but comes back once in a while.
as long as they are healthy and eat good it will usually go away.
he ate a ton today so i am not worried .
adding some cleaner shrinp monday to help.

florida joe

Originally Posted by deejeff442
http:///forum/post/3015133
so true.
my purple just came down yesterday with some out of the blue.
my achilles gets a little from time to time .
it has always gone away but comes back once in a while.
as long as they are healthy and eat good it will usually go away.
he ate a ton today so i am not worried .
adding some cleaner shrinp monday to help.
I was being fasisous. You should start a thread on your situation IMO

deejeff442

i did beth got back yesterday but hasnt gotten back again yet.
i have had tangs for along time and they will get some ich here and there but has always gone away.
the slime on them fights off the ich.
he actually already looks better.
iknow most people here say it has to be introduced to the tank but ,there has been times that it seems stress brings it on.
dont know what stressed him they all get along fine.
just got to keep an eye on him.
if the rest of the fish start showing signs i will remove all the rock and inverts t0 my 120 and hypo the tank.

florida joe

Originally Posted by deejeff442
http:///forum/post/3015184
i did beth got back yesterday but hasnt gotten back again yet.
i have had tangs for along time and they will get some ich here and there but has always gone away.
the slime on them fights off the ich.
he actually already looks better.
iknow most people here say it has to be introduced to the tank but ,there has been times that it seems stress brings it on.
dont know what stressed him they all get along fine.
just got to keep an eye on him.
if the rest of the fish start showing signs i will remove all the rock and inverts t0 my 120 and hypo the tank.
Lets you and I not highjack this thread I think if you start a new one on this topic it can get interesting. I for one have very strong opinions on the subject

yearofthenick

Is there anything more rare than the achilles but not to the gem tang level of rarity?
I was thinking about getting an Atlantic Tang - you don't see those much in the hobby... they're not too expensive, but harder to find.

crimzy

Originally Posted by YearOfTheNick
http:///forum/post/3015201
Is there anything more rare than the achilles but not to the gem tang level of rarity?
I was thinking about getting an Atlantic Tang - you don't see those much in the hobby... they're not too expensive, but harder to find.
Atlantic blues are not all that common... but IMO, aren't that attractive of a tang. KJR had some nice options... Bariene, Dussimier and some others. I like orange shoulder tangs but I wouldn't exactly classify them as rare. Black tangs are in your price range.

yearofthenick

I just think Atlantic Tangs are so beautiful as juveniles and when they're changing.... if you get the right pedigree of tang, the result is a truly beautiful fish. I've seen some of them that look ehh so so as adults.