The sand is falling!

fishmamma

My new Jawfish is creating a sink hole. He some how burrowed out into the deep sand bed and is working his way up. This is the strangest thing I have ever seen! I posted a picture on the other thread which I will do a follow up with in a minute. THIS IS CRAZY!!! I would have put money on the little bugger starting from the top of the sand bed and working his way down. Who knew? I dumped in some more shells and rubble rock, they are continuing to sink into the pit. I can't wait until his little head pops out!!

fishmamma

Here are some pictures....you can see the spacing of the rocks and shells has changed as pieces continue to fall into the sink hole but it is hard to capture the depth perception on the hole. ***) :jumping:

fishmamma

This fish is the equivalent of a pistol shrimp. He has moved almost a third of my DSB to the area the tank on the other side of my live rock 'retaining wall'. I can see him now spitting mouthfuls of sand into a huge mound under my live rock structure which is built on an egg crate cube. So much for keeping that side of the tank with only an inch of sand.

No one else seems to find this interesting I guess.
I know we have other Jaw lovers on the board, where are you?

zsalinas

I think that's pretty cool actually. I have crushed coral though. I think those fish are awesome I'd love to get one eventually.

yimmy

I wanna jawfish! I don't have money for the deep sand bed they need...and apparently some like it deep.

fishmamma

Not mine from the looks of things. :hilarious Imagine if I had gone with a 6-8 inch depth like I had originally planned!?!?

celacanthr

Originally Posted by Yimmy
I wanna jawfish! I don't have money for the deep sand bed they need...and apparently some like it deep.
The DSB, would only cost 10-20 dollars.