The Sobering Facts

clown boy

Originally Posted by Jmick
I think this is one thread where we will agree that the stats are very sad.
Wow, Jmick, we actually agree about something.

I am posting this from our new handheld... it's pretty cool.

ruaround

not saying it isnt a sad statistic, but out of the 35 million i would love to see how many of those turned into criminals, drug addicts, were abused, were not a functioning part of society, born with disease, orphaned or cost the tax payers $$$...

seasalt101

Originally Posted by ruaround
not saying it isnt a sad statistic, but out of the 35 million i would love to see how many of those turned into criminals, drug addicts, were abused, were not a functioning part of society, born with disease, orphaned or cost the tax payers $$$...
i think you can just take the stats from 35 million people and go off of percentage, which it could only be an assumption, at best...tobin

ruaround

Originally Posted by seasalt101
i think you can just take the stats from 35 million people and go off of percentage, which it could only be an assumption, at best...tobin
true and the reverse is true too... how many of them could have made a difference... but i would venture a guess that most abortions are performed on less fortunate females without a male to be the father... which brings up the next part how many of the mothers would also become tax dollar draining social nonfunctioning, potential criminals that abused their child too...

seasalt101

true and the reverse is true too... how many of them could have made a difference... but i would venture a guess that most abortions are performed on less fortunate females without a male to be the father... which brings up the next part how many of the mothers would also become tax dollar draining social nonfunctioning, potential criminals that abused their child too...
that is a good point, it is probably higher in that regard, but me personally, i think that if a woman has 2 abortions the state (if she cannot pay herself) should step in and tie her tubes so she cannot drain the system any farther, i also feel this way about mothers who keep having babies to get more welfare aid, once she applies cannot have more kids for the taxpayers to pay for, i hope that makes sense, as i am tired and coming off of the painkillers they had me on today...tobin

ruaround

Originally Posted by seasalt101
that is a good point, it is probably higher in that regard, but me personally, i think that if a woman has 2 abortions the state (if she cannot pay herself) should step in and tie her tubes so she cannot drain the system any farther, i also feel this way about mothers who keep having babies to get more welfare aid, once she applies cannot have more kids for the taxpayers to pay for, i hope that makes sense, as i am tired and coming off of the painkillers they had me on today...tobin
i so agree!!! not sure if i could have said it better myself!!!
all except the pain killers part... wish you well my friend...

jmick

I wish that people would learn how to use birth control or engage in other acts if it's not available. I wish the church would support birth control. I wish parents would talk with their kids and that schools would provide more --- ed classes.
I don't want the constiution changed, I want people to use their brains not their @#@#@'s.

tarball

Every one of them were innocent babies.
Blame comes later.

mike22cha

Those are some sad stats, but I still feel that it shouldn't be the government's right to decide. I'd like to see how many people have commited adultery, or killed someone, or stole, in our country since 1973(?). I'm sure those statics would be stagaring too. I don't think there is a good side to abortion but I also know that there is never anything good from the government forcing morals on us or forcing us to do anything for that matter.

clown boy

I wish the church would support birth control.
We don't for two reasons:
1. Simple. Just wait till your married and ready.
2. Children are a blessing. Why try to stop a good thing?

jmick

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
We don't for two reasons:
1. Simple. Just wait till your married and ready.
2. Children are a blessing. Why try to stop a good thing?
What percentage of the population waits till they are married? This has never been realistic and never will be realistic. In high school and college I didn't know one person who was abstinent and I knew a lot of people. The church has done far more harm then good by not advocating birth control.
Yes, children are the most important things in our lives and they are why we work hard to give them everything they need. To a 16 year old girl, they are not a good thing. To a crack head they are not a good thing.
Why doesn't the church put its money where its mouth is? Why not set up programs that help young girls throughout their pregnancies with a safe place to live and medical care and then a safe home for the baby. I am sure this happens and if it does why not push it?

clown boy

What percentage of the population waits till they are married?
It's called self-control. I know plenty of people who waited. What needs to happen is that teens need to know the consequences and be taught to exercise self-control.
I am actually working on editing the wedding of the daughter of a nationally-famous historian... and both she, and her husband waited. They had never kissed before that day. It was beautiful. Ironic, eh?

jmick

Originally Posted by Clown Boy
It's called self-control. I know plenty of people who waited. What needs to happen is that teens need to know the consequences and be taught to exercise self-control.
I am actually working on editing the wedding of the daughter of a nationally-famous historian... and both she, and her husband waited. They had never kissed before that day. It was beautiful. Ironic, eh?

Self control? I didn't realize that --- was a bad thing? If you are smart and use protection and care about the person it's rather enjoyable and something people who are mature enough for shouldn't pass up.
How in the world can you know that you are compatible with someone who you have never even kissed before? I am not sure if you are aware of this or not, but the physical side of a relationship is very important and if two people lack in that area the marriage will suffer. Also, if you believe that they have never kissed you are very naive and if it is true then there is something very wrong with the kids.

clown boy

I didn't realize that --- was a bad thing? If you are smart and use protection and care about the person it's rather enjoyable and something people who are mature enough for shouldn't pass up.
Of course... with your spouse.