the start of my 20L adventure lol

nwdyr

I like the pic of the trees
, looks like that around here today! allot of snow and -40 burrrrrr....didn't stop me from going out to get my eel

cal559

You probably can't even expose your skin in -40 degree weather...get to get wrapped up like a mummy...lol

erock412

hey bos! i was just skimming through the last day or two's worth of posts and i see that you're in the market for an octo bh100ss? i was given one for x-mas from my uncle. it was given to him by his wife early in december and he never used it. it's brand new, still in box. too small for any of my tanks, and i really dont see myself ever having the need for a tank smaller than a 55, therefore, no skimmer that can't handle at least 125gph. if you want it, we can work something out. on a side note, as an owner of 3 champion pitbulls, you're dog doesnt pass for 90 lbs, might want to check whatever scale you're using. let me know if you want that skimmer, like i said, i dont need/want it.

mboswell1982

he's about 80 in that pic, an when we took him to the vet about a month ago, he weight out at 89lbs both times they weighed him on their electronic scale, but, it doesnt show in the pic, he's 22" tall at the withers, he's totally incorrect, which is why jess had him neutered
and as for the skimmer, hit me up on my email, chovuk1982@yahoo.com an we'll see what we can work out for sure

erock412

i just talked to my uncle and i have some good news. (actually, he's not really my uncle, just a super-good friend of the family and i've called him uncle dan since i was a kid) ANYWAY: uncle dan knows that i've been trying for a nice SW tank for ages. he has a good friend who once owned an aquarium store and according to uncle dan this dude has "tens of thousands of dollars" worth of new and used equipment, much of which is top-of-the-line, in his basement. well, dude died on new years eve, wife wanted dan to go through it all and take whatever he wanted and she was going to toss the rest. he said to hold onto it all: that he'd be able to get rid of it for her. i havent been there yet, i'm going this weekend. whatever i dont take, people are more than welcome to have free of charge (unless i have to ship things, in which case they'll have to pay shipping plus toss me a few bucks for my time) am i allowed to post a thread to this effect, or is it against the rules?

mboswell1982

against the rules, but, you can email me with anything you find that you think i might like LOL hell, email me an ill give you a list LOL

Originally Posted by nwdyr
http:///forum/post/2913706
Well while I WAIT... I like the coral beauty! , also like LKG said , just do more water changes. I read ALLOT about skimmers and from what i read they either don't do anything(the cheap ones) or they do too much (the expensive ones) I have had some huge bio-loads but I was doing water changes weekly and the tank was fine. Just a thought , I know you have had time to read up but I would save the cabbage for now. You can always get one if you think you need it later
......so now how about MY PIC'S!!!

I support this message. No need to buy the skimmer if you have a smaller tank such as the 20L. 25% water changes are just a 5 gallon bucket. If you feel like spending $100 get a good RO/DI unit.

Man I went home last night after having oral sugery and being all doped up to find my little pgymy cherub dead.
I'm wondering it the sixline I added beat him up, even though it was no evidence of it.
Did you ever get those filters?

fireykat04

Originally Posted by mboswell1982
http:///forum/post/2913997
and on the skiimmer front, fireykat is sending me one, i just gotta pay for the shipping, so im gonna be holding off on a skimmer purchase for a while

I haven't forgotten you Mike, I've had a virus the last few days and been outta commision. Hopefully I'll get it out to you Monday, if you still want it.

mboswell1982

not yet, waitin on the guy to call me back, ill p rolly give him a call tomorrow, see whats up. an yes kat, i still want it, thanks again, i hope your feeling better soon