The start of something beautiful!

fishhunter

Well I did it, I upgraded my aquairum. I still have a long way to go but this is the start!
72"x24"x18" 130 gal

40 gal sump

fishhunter

Well here are some pics of the equipment that I have bought so far. I'm going to have to wait for the spring be for I order my live rock. but anyways here is the progress that I have made so far (and the one setback...
).
My new skimmer Reef Octopus Extream 250

In the sump

the tank with the new lights! Ive ordered another panel so ya should be more then enough for anything!

panel close up

Home made trickle filter!

And the setback..... Should have been more carefully putting the sump back under the tank when i had the bulkheads attached!

E

eric b 125

that crack is from moving the tank around, yes? not from drilling it...?

fishkid13

oh...

Cool to see another 130 gal setup. So much better then the 125's.

Can't wait to see it filled with water, I'll be tagging along.

fishhunter

Originally Posted by fishkid13
http:///forum/post/3177299
oh...

Cool to see another 130 gal setup. So much better then the 125's.

Can't wait to see it filled with water, I'll be tagging along.

Ya Im going to hold off until the spring to really start doing anything with er. Just continue to buy the stuff that I need till then. As some of you know the proud country of canuckastan is VARY cold in the winter. Like -45 C or -49 degree Fahrenheit. So ya i don't want to be shipping my live rock in that temp and get it here frozen!
But ya I'm going to do an SPS/LPS mixed reef tank. Should be interesting! LEDS FTW lol
I will a have total water volume movement of around 4200 GPH with the capability of 7400 GPM. But I'm going to put the power heads on timers/wave maker. How fast should I have them coming on and off? I was thinking every other min.

fishhunter

Here is an update! I bought a new stand and built the canopy a few days ago, still need to paint er black. Anyway here is where Im at so far should have water in er by march.
Here is a pic of the tank, the canopy was made with some plywood/2x4s/jigsaw and some screws.

In side the canopy. I have my 3 LED panels, Glo T5 dubble supplemental and my wave maker in there. I will adding another Glo T5 in the neer future.

The new stand with the first sump/Skimmer.

Second sump with my quite one 4000 return pump.

Now with the lights on.

Thanks for looking!