The worms and the rocks

shinobi9119

I moved a few pieces of LR from my 75(which will be broken down) into my 29 Biocube. I have seen an abundace of bristle worms in the first rock I did. I gave it a freshwater dip and spray since I wasn't concerned whether that rock stayed live. And Quite a few of those guys came out of the rock. Will they becom a problem in my 29? Should I try and eliminate them, or leave them be, and just transfer the rock witout processing it?

btldreef

Originally Posted by Shinobi9119
http:///forum/post/3202515
I moved a few pieces of LR from my 75(which will be broken down) into my 29 Biocube. I have seen an abundace of bristle worms in the first rock I did. I gave it a freshwater dip and spray since I wasn't concerned whether that rock stayed live. And Quite a few of those guys came out of the rock. Will they becom a problem in my 29? Should I try and eliminate them, or leave them be, and just transfer the rock witout processing it?
Well some are a good thing, but a ton, not so much. How many is an abundance? I mean, you're not putting all the rock in, so it won't be that much. I'd just throw them in and if you see lots, start plucking out what you can here and there.

fretfreak13

Have room for a sixline wrasse? Pretty fish, can sometimes be bratty, but I like them a lot. They are known to eat bristleworms.

ophiura

If you have a lot of bristleworms, it is because you have a lot of food for the bristleworms. Cut back on your feeding, and you should cut back on the population.
Otherwise, they may well be doing you a favor.

shinobi9119

thanks guys!! I didnt see to many a few days ago. And I had my light on all day yesterday. I turned it off like 20 mins ago and there is a disgusting amount of them all over this one rock in my tank. This is my new 29 gallon biocube. So there is nothing for them to feed on in there. SHOuld i siphon them out of just let them die?? OR get a sixline to eat them all!!!

btldreef

Originally Posted by Shinobi9119
http:///forum/post/3206553
thanks guys!! I didnt see to many a few days ago. And I had my light on all day yesterday. I turned it off like 20 mins ago and there is a disgusting amount of them all over this one rock in my tank. This is my new 29 gallon biocube. So there is nothing for them to feed on in there. SHOuld i siphon them out of just let them die?? OR get a sixline to eat them all!!!
I'd pluck out the really big ones. You don't want to get rid of them all. Don't get a sixline, especially if it's the first fish you're going to put in the tank, you'll have aggression issues. They're like damsels, especially if added first.