There Is No Way That This Is Good. Oh No !!!!

convbmw

Started a carbon treatment this afternoon and THIS started happening to my yellow tang.
If you look on the side, it is like its scales are peeling away. I thought I saw a little dot earlier today and NOW.......ITS GETTING BIGGER AND BIGGER.
PLEASE PLEASE HELP.

crimzy

Originally Posted by convbmw
http:///forum/post/2856518
Started a carbon treatment this afternoon and THIS started happening to my yellow tang.
If you look on the side, it is like its scales are peeling away. I thought I saw a little dot earlier today and NOW.......ITS GETTING BIGGER AND BIGGER.
PLEASE PLEASE HELP.
Looks like a fungal infection to me. There are some meds on the market that can be used for this. However, aside from this, that tank looks deathly skinny to me. Is it eating?
You should post your tank size, water parameters, what type of tank (reef or FOWLR), whether or not you have a QT. That may help...

convbmw

Originally Posted by crimzy
http:///forum/post/2856528
Looks like a fungal infection to me. There are some meds on the market that can be used for this. However, aside from this, that tank looks deathly skinny to me. Is it eating?
You should post your tank size, water parameters, what type of tank (reef or FOWLR), whether or not you have a QT. That may help...
funny you mention that. It has seemed VERY skinny BUThe has been eating well.
80 gal
all parameters seem good
full reef tank
I do have a QT.
I was thinking about getting him in my QT.
Anyone want to chime in PLEEEEEEEZZZZZEEEEEEEEEEEE

invertcrazy

Post this over on the Disease and Treatment section, Beth or Sep will probably know what it is and how to treat it. just my .02

pastor b.

Dear hobbyist , my yellow tang was doing the same thing,so what I did was, I took some water from my main tank,placed it into a 10 gallon tank with a heater,small filter,and some pimafix.The disease cleared up and my wife put him back into the main tank and began feeding it sea weed and vitamin enriched foods. My yellow tang is much better now . Give this a try it can't hurt .

D

dennis210

The above post is right on!
YOu need to get the tang medicated outside of the DT. Also how new is th system (the sand and glass look pristine)?